Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rosiebud, May 28, 2007.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

In my local paper today.....a photo of an 11 year old boy who shot a huge wild hog in ALABAMA -

the boar was ginormous - 9foot 4 inches and 75 stone which is
    1090 lbs.

The article says ' the photo originally thought to be a spoof'
    is of a giant porker shot dead by Jamison Stone during a hunting trip.

Just curious, cant see how this thing actually existed so long without anyone seeing it.

I've googled it but still dont know if its true.

[This Message was Edited on 05/28/2007]
  2. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Either, but it was on the national news too. However, URBAN LEGIONS isn't denying or verifying it. I think it's a hoax.

Just imagine those chops and ribs!!!

[This Message was Edited on 05/28/2007]
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

it sounds like it's true,,,,,,i googled it too (Boy shoots wild Hog) Had a full Story on it and a photo,,,,,Totaly Amazin'! The Boy said he shot it 8 times with a 50 caliber pistol,,and chased it down for 3 hours,,,,,,,,Hogzilla indeed,,,,,,S
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

A hog is a wild boar, hog is the American term.

If you google the boy's name, you'll see the photo - Jamison Stone.

5. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

Kids in 4-H raise hogs (pigs) to exhibit in the xcounty fairs. Believe me, they aren't THAT big but, boy, do thick pork chops taste good!!!!!!

oink, oink, oink

Forgot to answer question. Saw several stories about it in papers and it is sooooo0 ugly.[This Message was Edited on 05/29/2007]
  6. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

An 11 year old boy with a 50 caliber pistol!? He should be able to bring law and order to any grade school. And a three hour chase? And I had thought USA school kids nowadays were weaklings.
    He could be a hero in the war against animal obesity?

Not sure, but I think hogs have a tendency to keep growing until old age (or 11 year olds) caches up with them.
    Not sure that any hogs native to Americas. I think feral or imported for sport.

They tend to hang out in brush and surprise hunters. Not sure, but think probably most dangerous game animal, (after grizzlys?) to hunt in USA. I wouldn't want boars in my neighborhood or garden.
    I wonder if any wild pumpkins get that big.

[This Message was Edited on 05/29/2007]