Anyone know of a doc who deals with FM in Boston area?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ericdinbstn, Mar 15, 2006.

1. ericdinbstn

ericdinbstn New Member

Hey everyone. I'm new to this message board. I've just been "diagnosed" with Fibro by my primary. He's recommended I see a rheumatologist. I saw one a few years ago who didn't/wouldn't give me a diagnosis of fibro, he let me go not knowing what I had and with a script for celebrex. I want to go to another doctor, but would love to find one with experience dealing with fibro. Anyone in the area have any suggestions.

Thx,

Eric
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Look at the top there is a doctor referral .I just checked and there are some not to far from Boston.

Again welcome to the board.Sorry you have FM.You will find a world of info on the board.Plus lots of caring friends.

Sue
  3. suemorr

suemorr New Member

Eric, definitely see a rheumatologist. I had Dr. Robert Simms of Boston Medical Center as my second opinion to verify what my own rheumy, Dr. Stuart Schneller, thought. Right now Simms is Chief ad interim of their Rheumatology Dept. after the death of Dr. Joseph Korn. I'm bringing that up because I had seen Korn before. He didn't mention FM then, and he specialized in Scleroderma. Simms is a lot more versed on fibromyalgia and very professional. We talked, he did all the tender points, etc. He's in the Doctor's Center on Harrison Avenue.

Oh, a warning. His support staff weren't that swift. :) If you do call him, make sure you repeat the time of the appt and that you're a new patient to the woman who is setting up the appt.
  4. ericdinbstn

ericdinbstn New Member

Thank you both for the information and the welcomes. It's nice to know there are so many others out there with this frustrating, painful, condition. It's nice to know there's support.

Eric

[ advertisement ]