Anyone know of a good doctor in Michigan?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by boysofmine, Jul 7, 2003.

1. boysofmine

boysofmine New Member

I am looking for an understanding doctor who is knowledgable with fibro. I have already seen 2 rheumatologists and of couse, my family doctor. So far my family doctor has been the most helpful. The other two have been a waste of time going to since they basically told me to deal with it. I am really hoping for some help for this.
  2. marta

marta New Member

No.

I'm also in Michigan and although Dr. Conley used to specialize in CFS/FM he's no longer taking new patients. I heard that he's retiring to boot.

I'll be interested in any other responses because I'm looking (again) myself for a good CFS doctor here.

Good luck to you.

Marta
  3. kimkane

kimkane New Member

HELLO BOYSOFMINE, I HAVE SOME WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HERE ARE SOME DR.S I KNOW OF AS I LIVE IN MI.

DR. EDWARD LICHTEN, WWW.USDOCTOR@USDOCTOR.COM, HE IS IN SOUTHFEEILD, HE DX ME, HE ALSO HAS FM.

DR. IRENE METRO, SHE IS IN PLYMOUTH MI, I HAVE ALOT OF FRIENDS THAT GO TO HER.

THEN A GREAT RUMY IS DR. LEWITT, 1-248-355-3875

I HOPE THIS IS A HELP KIM KANE
  4. NanceZ

NanceZ New Member

I just started doctoring with Dr denBoer, a holistic chiropractor. he has a good track record and I know patients from all over different states come to him.

He is in Grand Rapids and I had to wait a couple of months to get in....but I'm hopeful it was worth it!! Try the three w's and then dr denBoer then a dot then com or do a search for: dbc naturalistic health center.

He uses the metagenics products and just today started me on UltraClear Plus for my CFS.

[This Message was Edited on 07/07/2003]
  5. spartanjt

spartanjt New Member

Hi Marta & KIMKANE-
    I'm a current patient of Dr Conley's, although i have not seen him in more than a year now.
    I'm also looking to make a switch, and wanted to ask KIMKANE if you have actually seen the docs that you've name in your post.
    My situation is not the fibro symptoms, but the fatigue and brain fog/lightheadedness/sense of lost equilibrium,,,,have been constant for nearly 10 years. I took the step of replacing my amalgams w/non metals 2 years ago, and have been working on the detox thing for the past 2 years also.....so i'm wondering if the docs you've named have any experience w/both CFS and heavy metal detoxing....thx for the help....

JT
  6. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

You didn't say where in MI you are; I am in the very most south-eastern part. Also having a time finding informed docs. Any closer than Detroit area, anybody? Have to go to Ann Arbor for appt. w/ Endocrinologist on Thursday and that is about as far as I can travel.
  7. StephE8

StephE8 New Member

I am also from Michigan and would like to know if you have any suggestions for a good doctor because my doctor doesn't believe my symptoms, etc.
  8. tannat

tannat New Member

I am in the GR area and still have not found anyone I feel comfortable with. My PP admits that she doesn't know enough about FM, CFS, ect.. and my PT, whom I loved in the beginning, is turning out to be a major PIMA!!!!! I need to find someone fast!! I'm in the midst of a flare and not dealing with it well at all this time!

Tanna