Anyone know of a good dr in MI

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by catsmeow369mi, Oct 29, 2005.

  1. catsmeow369mi

    catsmeow369mi New Member

    I'm new to the site and was reading some of the messages & the responses. You all sound like you are just wonderful people. I need a good doctor in Wayne County, Michigan. I have a lot of the same complaints as you do. The brain for I just laugh when I do or say something off the wall. Went to see psychiatrist & forgot to put on shoes, wore bedroom slippers. Oh well. My pcp will not give me anything for the pain. I was diagnosed 1 1/2 months ago, but have had the leg pain my whole life. If you can help me I would appreciate it.

    Thank You so much.

    I will be praying for you all.
  2. jbennett2

    jbennett2 New Member

    at the top of this page. The book "Fibromyalgia Advocate" by Devan Star...(I can't remember her last name) also has an extensive list. You can find the list on her website - just type "Fibromyalgia Advocate" in your search engine.
  3. therxmouse

    therxmouse New Member

    Devin Starlanyl, the book to look for is ~Fibromyalgia & Chronic Myofascial Pain~. You can find it at any Barnes & Noble or Borders for about $20, I've seen it on E-Bay and if you're looking for a lesser price. The book is a MUST have for anyone with FM.

    Where is Wayne County? I live in Northern Indiana and I am familar with a lot of the cities in Michigan but not the counties. Let me know....

    Sending good thoughts your way!~ Mickie
  4. scarflady

    scarflady New Member

    I found two MD's in Michigan on Dr. Teitelbaum's website.

    You should probably ask if they use his methods for FM & CF.

    Plymouth ..Dr. Irene Metro 734-451-2272

    Birmingham ...Dr. Corina Lazar 248-670-2134

    Good Luck
    [This Message was Edited on 10/30/2005]
  5. scarflady

    scarflady New Member


    Wayne county is located in southeastern area of Michigan including Detroit......

  6. spartanjt

    spartanjt New Member

    I'm currently seeing a Dr Reid Kavieff who is located in West Bloomfield. he was recommended to me by someone else on this board & has done some very good things for me over the past 1 1/2 tears that i've been going to him.

    Might be worthwhile to check him out. Fees are not exorbitant & he's good at getting to root issues of CFS/FM.

  7. EllenComstock

    EllenComstock New Member

    and welcome. I love your name. I'm a cat lover, too. I can give you the name of my FMS doctor, but I'm not sure if he's in Wayne County or not. His name is Dr. David Vallance. His office is on Plymouth Road in Ann Arbor. I can give you more information if you think you would be interested. I've been seeing him since March of this year and I am so happy with him. After years of searching, I finally found a good doctor who spends a lot of time with me, listens, takes FMS seriously, and most importantly, is willing to prescribe stronger pain meds. He has me on 20 morphine and is willing to go to a higher dosage. I just need to tell him. He believes in treating pain aggressively and not making his patients suffer.

    Good luck.


[ advertisement ]