Anyone know of a good fibro doc near Spanaway, WA?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bellesmom, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Bellesmom

Bellesmom New Member

I have tried, without success, to find a good doctor close to me to go to. Have searched the list on this site as well as everywhere I can think and don't see anyone near me who is recommended by one of you.

I did try a doctor some ways away but they wouldn't take me because I have no insurance. I have a disability claim pending but I also want to have my diagnosis confirmed and cannot ride in a car for a very long ways most of the time.

Pleeeze help if you can - thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Oh, Spanaway is near Tacoma, Washington.
  2. Bellesmom

Bellesmom New Member

I have tried, without success, to find a good doctor close to me to go to. Have searched the list on this site as well as everywhere I can think and don't see anyone near me who is recommended by one of you.

I did try a doctor some ways away but they wouldn't take me because I have no insurance. I have a disability claim pending but I also want to have my diagnosis confirmed and cannot ride in a car for a very long ways most of the time.

Pleeeze help if you can - thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Oh, Spanaway is near Tacoma, Washington.
  3. Daffodildeb

Daffodildeb New Member

Hi Bellesmom!

Try Dr. Kenneth Bakken at (253)779-5858. His office is located in Tacoma (Old Town) and he has helped me TREMENDOUSLY!

All the best to you,

Deborah (in Dupont)
  4. Ponygirl

Ponygirl New Member

Love Dr Uberoi in Federal Way. She is kind , caring and seems to know her stuff. Good luck. Posted info just last week about Dr's in Seattle . Look up my most recent posts.
  5. Bellesmom

Bellesmom New Member

Dr. Bakken (in Old Town-Tacoma) is way too expensive for me. I used to live in Federal Way so I will look into that doctor.

In the meantime, I got an appointment with Dr. Jon Dunn in Olympia - he is a Naturopath but, what the heck, my D.O. doesn't like to see me come in anymore and another Naturopath and a Rheumatologist would not even see me. Whatever.

Thank you for the responses - I appreciate it so much (if you ever check back to see my answer here}!

Pam