Anyone know of a GOOD FMS doctor near Roanoke VA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rockindee, Feb 20, 2006.

1. rockindee

rockindee New Member

Anyone know of a good FMS doctor in VA, I am getting desperate, my wonderful doctor took a fulltime position at the local hospital and her past associates are taking some of my meds away (Hydrocodone) I was only taking 5/500 dosage, and they only want me to take 50 a month?????? I used to have a prescription for 6 a day if necessary. The most I ever took was 3 a day and now it looks like if my pain gets too bad I just have to keep on suffering. The dosage did not get rid of my pain, but take the edge off.

Thanks

Dee

GOD bless us all
    [This Message was Edited on 02/20/2006]
  2. bluestanglady

bluestanglady New Member

Hi! I just noticed you are new to the boards here too. I've been here about a week and really love it. Notice too that we're from the same area. You asked about a good doctor -- my rheumatologist is Dr. William Blaylock at Lewis-Gale Clinic in Salem. He immediately diagnosed my fibromyalgia and has been very helpful. If something doesn't work, he tries something else. If I do too much, he 'fusses' at me!! He sends me for physical therapy when he thinks I need it. When I was going thru the death of my parents, he suggested a good doctor to talk me thru it. He takes time to talk to you and he's never in a hurry. I've been going to him now for about 6 or 7 years. Again, welcome to the boards!

Bee
  3. rockindee

rockindee New Member

I saw Dr Blaylock one time, after first being diagnosed, about 10 years ago. My insurance changed and he is not on my approved Doctors list. We are looking at trying a insurance company, my husband is self employed. Not sure what kind of coverage we can get with my health the way it is. I have numerous problems. Thanks for the response, if we can get our policy changed to Anthem then I will go back to him.

See you on the boards

Dee
  4. greatgran

greatgran Member

I need a good doctor and Salem is only about an hour and a half from me..Is Dr. Blaylock taking new pts. and does he treat CFS also? I just need a confirmed dx all I have been told is "I Think" would love to know exactly what I am dealing with..

What does he do on a first visit, test etc.?

Thanks,

greatgran

5. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Dee,
    I'm in Chester, VA, and I see my family doc. I have never been to a rheumy and I know I'm too far away from you for you to come here just to see my family doc.

When I saw him in May, I was taking Advil for pain and he had a fit because I'm already on Diclofenac. So that is when he gave me 4 Lortabs (10/500) a day with 5 refills. I still have two bottles I haven't used, but I refilled.

The most I have taken are 3 in one day and that is for when I have a bad flare, which is what January and February seem to be.

I'll try to keep this bumped for you (if I can remember... lol).

Hugs,
    Faye
    I'm about 20 miles south of Richmond, VA