Anyone know of a Lyme Doc in the San Diego Area?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by annade, Jul 24, 2008.

1. annade

annade New Member

I am contemplating seeing a LLMD and don't know how to go about finding a deputable doctor. I have been to the Holtorf Med. Group and even though they say they soecialize in Lyme, I would not go back to them. Was hoping that there is somebody from So. Cal. that has seen a LLMD they would recommend. Thanks for your input.

2. annade

annade New Member

3. soleil16

soleil16 New Member

LymeNet has a board dedicated to finding a doctor, which is how I found mine. Just post that you are looking for a doctor in San Diego and someone should private message you with a list of reputable names. They will not respond directly to the post because doctor's names are not allowed to be mentioned, but you should have a good list fairly quickly.

I had my first appt with an LLMD in San Diego yesterday and he seemed ok, but I wouldn't want to recommend him until I see him again for my lab results. Seems like we're lucky here in So Cal with a couple of good doctors. Good luck!
  4. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

I'm new to finding a LLMD also. I went to to find out about doctors in this area. I called Dr. Y in Santee but they just put me on a wait list. I'm number 125! They gave me the name of a Dr. H in La Jolla and I have seen him one time and will go back for my test results in early Ausgust.

I live in San Diego as well and have high uranium levels. My naturopath told me it is common in this area and really hard to get rid of.

I can't recommend anyone yet but I will keep you posted. Will you continue with Dr. Gerstein?

take care,

5. annade

annade New Member

Thank you both for replying to my inquiry. I am looking seriously into seeing an LLMD.

Molly I was wondering what the name of the doctor you are seeing in La Jolla. Are we not supposed to give out names of doctors on this sight? I have been doing that for the last six months. If you are able, can you send me his name or tell me how to find him. I live in Poway and La JOlla isn't too far from here. Thank you so much. Keep me posted on how you are doing. By the way, I also have very high Uranium levels as per DR. Gersten's labs. Would like to know how to get rid of iut myself. And yes I am continuing to see Dr.Gersten, but have not been feeling any better and that is why I am considering looking into and LLMD.

6. redhummingbird

redhummingbird New Member

For political reasons the names of lyme literate medical doctor's aren't posted publicly.

Usually what people do is go to one of the lyme sites and post that they are looking for an LLMD. A reply gets sent to privately.

It's due to the punitive political climate that exists for doctor's who prescribe long term antibiotics which is what is needed to treat lyme.

lymenetdotorg is a good site. You have to register first.

It's worth seeing an LLMD-most also specialize in viral issues as well as metal testing, etc...
  7. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

We are not supposed to give out LLMDs names because there are some political issues involved or something like that. But Dr. Y's office said he is a lyme "friendly" doctor so I'm assuming not LLMD. I at least wanted my Igenex test done.

He is near UTC. Dr. Hirschenbein of La Jolla Institute of Comprehensive Medicine. He doesn't take insurance. He gives you a superbill to send in to your ins.

Please keep us posted!
  8. annade

annade New Member

Thanks for the info. I went to the website you suggested and already sent an email to them asking for a LLMD in my area. I went to your profile and it is amazing how many similarities you and I have. Check out my profile. Seems like there are many of us out there with similar profiles, I just haven't met anyone on this site from San Diego.

Good luck to you in your pursuit to wellness. Let's keep each other posted.

9. kjfms

kjfms Member

I am now looking into LD as a possible reason to my FMS.

Good luck,

Karen :)