Anyone know of a site to find FM/CFS in AZ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by debch, Mar 22, 2006.

1. debch

debch New Member

I was wondering if anyone knows of a site to go to that might show a listing of doctors by State who are known at treating FM/CFS. I think I saw one a long time ago, but can't remember where now
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

purple tab, click on it and look.

jodie
  3. mjwarchol

mjwarchol New Member

What part of AZ are you in? I'm in Apache Junction, and have a greta family doc that treats me and know of others in this area. Would be interested in who you know.

M J
  4. debch

debch New Member

Hi Jodiplace! Thank you so much for the direction! I thought I saw it somewhere, LOL, right before my eye it was. That is just what I needed. Have a great day. debch
  5. debch

debch New Member

Hi mjwarchol: I'm in Prescott. I'm being treated by a GP who is "ok". I also have a rheumatologist who is also "ok". My best treatment was with my neurologist, but, sadly, he passed away. I saw listing of an MD in Tempe I was thinking of looking into....
    And how are you? Do you also have CFS/FM?
  6. Slangx

Slangx New Member

I have a doc who is a DO, and an advocate of sorts for FM.

** Are we allowed to post doctor's names here? **

Well, he is in Scottsdale, so if you are in Prescott that won't help you much. Unless you want to come down once a month or something. It's not that long of a drive really, if you only had to come once a month or so. 2 hours? I drive up there for Girl Scout Camp each year. (I've been a Leader for 8 years) :)

Or, maybe he has a colleague someplace closer to you that he could recommend.

Besides being an Osteopath, he also happens to be an Allergist - so you might find him listed that way. If we are not allowed to post names, then I'll give you some hints:

He's on McDowell Rd, zip 85257, and his initials are WHH.

If we can give names, someone let me know & I'll just give his name. He's always good about running yearly tests, keeping a watch on things that are out of the ordinary, he listens when I want to discuss meds, he gives Trigger Point Injections, and also Occipital Nerve Blocks, and he does osteo-manipulation (back-cracking) too. And, he doesn't get "stuck" on 1 diagnosis either, like if he's diagn. me with FM, he's not above checking out other things too, or sending me to a neuro, etc.

C.

7. debch

debch New Member

Hi slangx!
    Thank you for the info!
    Yes, I can drive down there, if I only have to go there maybe every 3 mos or so. I think I can find him by your hints :)

Thanks again.
  8. RockiAZ

RockiAZ New Member

Hi all - don't mean to jump in here, but I'm still looking for a good FM/CFIDS doc myself. My family M.D. is great, but he's at a loss what else to do for me. The Rheumy I had seen in the beginning doesn't believe in natural meds. and kind of just poo-poo'ed me off.

Anyway, I just came from a clinic that told me they treated FM, but the doc I seen said she "knows about it, but not much" and "I'll do some research to see what we can do" - I'm very disappointed, but when I got home I decided I'm taking charge of my health myself. Not that I haven't been doing it, just thought I'd get some good advise and didn't.

Wow. Just realized I just rambled on and on and on... I'll have to check on the doc that slangx referred to.

Glad to see there are some Arizonians on board - not that we want to be here, but....

Live, Laugh, Love,
    Rocki

9. yuckie

yuckie New Member

Native no less. I have a good family doc and rhuematologist. I also love my pain doctor. The family doc is Dr. James Loo, rhuemy is Dr. Caldron (voted best doc in 2005) and pain doc is Dr. Fanto. Dr. Fanto is listed in the Arizona Referral List for the Fibromyalgia Network. Good luck.
  10. krishna3

krishna3 New Member

look up the cfs and fm center and find one closest to you, there are more popping up here and there!

they are worth the trip and money ans these docs are trained and specialize in cfs and fm..........im gretaly relieved to have finally gottne to the bottom of what causes this for me via some docs who know what blood panels to run, etc

hope this is helpful.....even if yo cannot afford to go back and forth have the initial bloodwork done.........have them recommend trestments and then do what im gonna do which is to find a doc who will

follow up , be na educated consumer and remmeber youre paying your physician to do what you want and iof they cant handle being on a learning curve find someone who can........ive been doing phone interviews!
  11. debch

debch New Member

Yuckie, you've given me another good resource(s). Thank you so much. I'm glad you have some good docs.
    Take care.

debch (Native too!)
  12. debch

debch New Member

krishna3, thank you too for the great information. I'm curious, how are your responses from phone interviews?

Thanks again for the good info.
    Take care, debch
  13. Slangx

Slangx New Member

Yuckie, my DH has been to Fanto before. You like him? I think my DH needs to go back to a pain mgmt doc (he's had back surgery).

BTW - I'm a native too! :)

C.
  14. yuckie

yuckie New Member

Yes, I do see Fanto, once a month. He knows his stuff and is a very kick back guy. However, when checking for a friend the other day I was told that he is not taking new patients right now. They said to check back again in 3 months. I thought, hmmm, maybe all his current patients will get "all better" and he'll have room for more???
  15. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I'm in AZ too! Nice to see all of you.

I am still in the search of a good treatment protocol so I don't have any good advice yet. I do like my Rheumy as a person - very kind and believes strongly in FM but he hasn't really given me any treatment options - just offered meds. He is supportive of natural methods, though so that's nice.

I am also going to a naturopathic dr who has really put a lot of heart into his treatment and seems to have a good understanding of fibro. He doesn't really do any testing though. He DID treat his own dear wife, though, and took her from bed-ridden to 80% functional. She has an autoimmune illness.

Anyway, have any of you attempted a support group of any kind?

Sofi
  16. debch

debch New Member

Where in AZ do you live? We have a support group up here in Prescott, although when I called the organizer said maybe only 2-7 people show up. I am not one to go and complain about how lousy I feel - I just want to know different treatments, good docs, what's been working for some, etc.Take care. debch
  17. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

to Scottsdale in 2 months. Right now we live in the northwest valley. Prescott is a bit out of the way for me.

It's good to know there are others so close by.

Sofi