Anyone know of any good p/t online/at home jobs?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lisjhn, Dec 16, 2002.

1. lisjhn

lisjhn New Member

I'm looking for something to do a couple hours a day if I can tolerate it. I just don't have the foggiest (ha) idea where to start. All the so called online opportunities end up being scams or require a small investment.

I know there has got to be some jobs out there for us. Anybody recommend anything?

~LISA
  2. opala

opala New Member

...of people doing medical transcription from home, but I have no idea how one would go about getting a job like that. I would love to be able to work from home....that way, if I can't handle moving very much, I wouldn't have to call in sick...wouldn't have to worry about losing a job because of leaving early or getting in late because of the pain.....

::sigh::

in a perfect world...
  3. catgal

catgal New Member

Hi Lisa~~I would recommend you develop a creative resume that lists all of the jobs you can do at home, and then send it out to every agency/business in your area. List absolutely EVERYTHING you can and are willing to do.

I find this is easier than trying to "wait" and "fit" into a slot somewhere to open. Lots of companies hire part-time people when all they need is typist, mailing, transcriptions, etc--stuff that can be done at home--and the company doesn't have to pay you benefits.

Develop a substantial resume listing capabilities, ideas, areas of expertise, include 3 letters of recommendation, and any work experience you have had. Create your own business and let every agency/company/firm in the area know about it. Put an AD in the local newspaper. You don't have anything to lose, and you might be surprised at the responses you get. Best Wishes, Carol.....