anyone know of bi-polar support board?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mamafurr, Jul 25, 2003.

1. mamafurr

mamafurr New Member

i was wondering if anyone knows of a support group like ours for bi-polar disease. my very dear friend or 40 yrs was diagnosed 2 yrs ago. she is seeing a new psych on monday but told her of this group and think it would be a wonderful place for her. she just moved to a town 45 minutes away from me, and she doesn't know anyone there.

thanks
    alice
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

We do have a Depression board here. Many of the members suffer from Bi-Polar disorder.

We do not have one especially for Bi-Polar though.

HOpe this helps.
    Shalom, Shirl
  3. Dee33K

Dee33K New Member

If your friend is on AOL, look under the Health Channel and then under "Boards" and depression. Otherwise do a search under Yahoo or Google and I am sure you will find other places. There is lots of support on the net for all sorts of afflictions.
    Dee
  4. searchin4me

searchin4me New Member

I am bipolar as well, and following is a link to a message board that I really like.

http://forums.about.com/ab-bipolar

People there seem to be very friendly and have a lot of great information. I haven't actually posted there in a while, but I read the info a lot. Hope this helps. Also, you can give here my e-mail addy if you would like. I would be happy to talk to her. I was dx'd many moons ago, and know what it feels like to not have anyone to "connect" with on the subject. My e-mail address is searchin4me@hotmail.com. Tell her that if she e-mails me to put something in the subject about Bi-Polar so that I won't think it's junk mail.....I have a habit of glancing through my mail and deleting it if I don't recognize the names.
  5. mamafurr

mamafurr New Member

i think i read your name is tammi? nice to meet you and i am going to email you about that letter to normals. i sent a copy of your post (to me) to my brother. thank you so much also for the bi-polar site. i forwarded that post to my friend as well. her name is kathy. i hope she contacts you, that is really kind of you!

to everyone else, thanks as well for you responses.

:)
    alice