Anyone know of good CFS Dr. in Manhattan, NY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deadtired, Sep 3, 2009.

1. deadtired

deadtired Member

Does anyone know of a doctor that is knowledgeable about CFS that my son could see? Does anyone know of a support group he could attend? He is 26 and sick and tired of putting up with this disease with no doctor helping him out . I appreciate any help anyone can give. Nancy
  2. street129

street129 New Member

I KNOW SUSAN LEVEIN, SHE'S A VERY COLD COLD WOMAN THAT SHOWS NO COMPASION, I DEALT WITH HER IN THE YEARS OF 1995, SHE HAS GONE UP ON HER PRIZE, 300.00 OR MORE SHE;S ON 72ND STREET ON THE EAST SIDE, GOGGLE HER, I DONT KNOW IF IM SPELLING HER LAST NAME CORRECT... THIS IS SUSAN LEVEINE ADDRESS Susan Levine, M.D.
    115 E 72nd St.
    New York, NY 10021
    Tel: (212) 472-4816

THEN FEW DAYS AGO, I STARTED SEEING A CHRONIC FATIGUE MAN THAT IS WORKING FOR A DR.THAT DONT TAKE INSURANCE, THIS DR TAKE INSURANCE. HE WILL PUT YOU ON THE DRS' PROTOCAL. HIS NAME IS DR DAVID BORENSTEIN, AND HES ON THE LAST STOP ON THE NUMBER 5 TRAIN, CALL FOR DIRECTION. HE'S OK

THIS IS HIS ADDRESS, AND WEB SITE http://www.davidborensteinmd.com/
    (718) 758-1650
    866 E 29th St
    Brooklyn, NY

THIS PERSON HELP KIDS
    Zinaida Pelkey, DO
    32 West 96th Street, Garden Apt. A
    New York, NY 10025
    Tel: (212) 662-6560
    (Applied Osteopathy [Craniosacral Osteopathy]. She treats infants, children and adults. She is a caring, compassionate, knowledgable D.O. and a wonderful human being. She was the first medical person I met whose insurance form had "CFIDS" on it. She has treated many CFIDS patients.)

HES IN BKLYN
    Dr. Kenneth J. Santiamo, D.C.
    458 Bay Ridge Parkway
    Brooklyn, NY 11209
    Tel: (718) 238-4284 Fax: (718) 238-7129
    Wednesday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
    (Dr. Santiamo is dedicated to helping those in pain. He's on the leading edge of chiropractic for fibromyalgia, and he's top of the line!)

AND HES WELL KNOWN.
    New York,
    Dr. Derek Enlander, M.D.
    860 Fifth Ave.
    New York, NY 10021
    Tel: (212) 794-2000 or (212) 794-9588 or (516) 878-4840
    (He is an internist and has over 800 CFIDS/FMS patients. He also has an office on Long Island as well. 212-794-2000.)

good luck[This Message was Edited on 09/03/2009]
  3. deadtired

deadtired Member

I apologize for not responding earlier to your reply, I've been dealing with a nasty flu. Your list of doctors is invaluable for my son , actually my three children who are all dealing with this nasty ondition in various degrees. This list will help them find the doctor who suits them. We have been conditioned to dealing with family doctor who is helpless and worthless in our hometown. I am so glad there are some informed doctors re CFS that they can see. Thank you again so muchNancy