Anyone know where i can borrow or hire a wheelchair.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dolphin82, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Dolphin82

Dolphin82 New Member

As i have haad my fusion and bone graft done from my hip,and would like to go shopping next week wiv hubby so would need a wheelchair to borrow or hire dose anyone know of any non expensive places that would do the above.

Thanks for any info u could provide me with.

dolphin82.
  2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

must be a drug store in your area that supplies wheelchairs and other products. Where I live we have a couple of places that you can either buy or rent a wheelchair or scooter. It's not cheap, though. Before I got my scooter, I rented one to go to the fair and I think it was $40.00 per day plus you had to put down something like a $200.00 deposit.

Ellen
  3. coping1961

coping1961 New Member

when my mom broke her leg the local funeral home loaned us a chair for the whole 12 weeks. it was not in the best of shape but it got the job done.
  4. Dolphin82

Dolphin82 New Member

At where u loaned it from........i was in histerics ive heard it all now thanks for the good laugh will have to try the same.

dolphin82.
  5. millennia

millennia New Member

When my grandmother was really sick, we got a lot of help from the local church, even though we were not members (or whatever you call it). They lent us a ramp for her wheelchair when ours was stolen. After she died we donated her wheelchair, walker, canes, etc. to the church so they could help other people. If you just it for a short time, the church might not be a bad place to ask for help.
  6. gnanny

gnanny New Member

My in laws got one through the senior center.
  7. XKathiX

XKathiX New Member

A local hospice? Alot of people donate equipment to hospice centers.
  8. sues1

sues1 New Member

call your local hospital.......maybe through the P.R. Dept. They might have same or know of where to go.

Check out everything that is suggested for the best help.

Good Luck........Blessings
  9. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

if you medical insurance has a 'durable medical equipment rider' they will provide you with a wheelchair. my doctor's office took care of everything for me and it was delivered right to my door.

this is the second time i've had one. the first time i had one for about six months, this one i've had for four or five years.

you could either ask at your doc's office or call the phone # on your id card from the insurance company.

mar
  10. dononagin

dononagin New Member

check your phone book for medical rentals. I rented a hospital bed, wheelchair, the works for my mom when she had cancer. Your insurance may cover it..
    Hope you are back on your feet soon!! : )
  11. cbella

cbella New Member

a hospice...we used to get a lot of donations... I would try that.......good luck! cb
  12. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Try your local Lyons Club! That's where I borrrowed one for my daughter.

Hugs Shirley