Anyone know who Sammy Hagar is?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hagardreams, Jul 25, 2006.

1. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

Sammys new cd came out today and those of you who know him, know that he is know as the "I cant drive 55" guy. This new cd is going in the country direction. Toby keith has been hanging out with Sammy at Sammys club in Cabo San Lucas, and its putting an influence on Sammy. Actually Sammy said he is coming to OKC to Toby Keiths " I love this bar and grill" and they are going to do a small concert. It is going to be very interesting to say the least. I live in the same town as Toby keith, so we get a lot of his music, everywhere. I actually met Toby before he got really popular. I am just not a country fan. Anyway it was interesting to hear Sammys new cd. I am just anxious to see him in concert again, its been two years.
    Julie
  2. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

Yes, I saw him way back in concert with Bob Seger, gosh that was along time ago, I was in my early 20's (52 now). They were playing at the Polly Pavilion, Long Beach, CA, I think it was Long
    beach...too long ago! I just remembered it was in Santa Monica??? I think!

Cindy
    [This Message was Edited on 07/25/2006]
  3. wangotango

wangotango New Member

hey hagardreams :
    i went to a concert with samy hagar just a couple of weeks ago in kansas city mo. he is one of my favorites.
    back in the 80's samy had a guy that played guitar for him named gary phil. if you listen to the song i dont need love, the guitar riff during the opening is pretty cool. so in 1997 i bought a boston cd called "walk on" it was put out in 1994 not on of thier bigger hits. the song "walk on" that is on this album is pretty cool and i thought that style sounds familiar so when i looked at the band names gary phil is one of the guitar players for them at this time.
    you jsut cant get my much better than ole sammy. i have not bought his new cd as of yet, but i will soon.
    bill in kcmo
  4. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

Sammys a real musician. He is also a great guy. I have met him twice, the second time he autographed the hood of my car for me. Hes always giving autographs during his show, I wouldnt have the patients.
    The last concert I went to was the Van Halen reunion tour, and I had so much fun, but paid dearly for it afterwards, for about two weeks. I hurt so bad, but worth every pain. I cant sit still at one of his concerts. When he played here with Roth, I have front row tickets, and my son and I were the only ones enjoying ourselves. (OH THE PAIN!) We met him after that concert, and even as tired as he was, he made a point to take some pictures, and sign some stuff.
    I have always been a fan of his, but didnt get to see him in concert until 1994, when he was with Van Halen. I have a whole room dedicated to him, all my Hagar stuff, if anyone is interested, go to
    http://www.geocities.com/no1redhead55
    I cant believe he is 58, and will be 59 in OCT. But Jagger is 61, and hes still going.
    Anyway its good to know that there are other Hagar fans on here.
    On one of my down days, I can play his music and it lifts me. I have had to quit going to a lot of concerts because of the pain, but I will always go to see Sammy. I just hope he does come here to play at Tobys club.

[This Message was Edited on 07/25/2006]
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i have seen him drive his car(well one of them) he gave my hb and i the thumbs up on our mustang...and i a personal friend of mine owns a body shop in novato...and works on his mustangs...another friend of mine has a pic of her sitting in one of them...

i have a ex-bf that cleans his pool...

and another friend of mine is trying to get a guitar autograped...

we have metallica that lives out here in novato..

and journey...have a friend that's niece is friends w/one of their daughter...

small world out here in marin county...

red rocker....is on one of his mustangs

jodie
  6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

What a cool, fun and wonderful post to start the day with.

I love the fun ot stuff that takes me out of my world for a few minutes.

I've forwarded this on to hubby who is a huge fan too. The only thing I share with Sammy is our birthday, Oct 13th. (but I'm nowhere near as old as he is!!)

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  7. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I'm a Toby Keith fan.
  8. dleaning

dleaning New Member

Sammy Hagar when he was briefly with Van Halen. THought he was a good frontman!
  9. Aghllw

Aghllw New Member

I love Sammy Hagar!!! I saw him at the SuperBash in Houston, Texas a few years ago (when the Superbowl was in Houston). I was an ON-STAGE FUNADDICT 2 nights in a row!! If you go to a Sammy concert, you HAVE to do the onstage deal...it is AWESOME! Toby Keith was there too...I have lots of pics that I can share...that were taken from the stage! FUN FUN!!

10. Marjidoll

Marjidoll New Member

When Sammy was their lead singer. They've never been the same.

I love the song "I can't drive 55," when it comes on the car radio, I turn it way up and pretend that I am young again!
  11. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

This too cool. I didnt think anybody else on here even knew who Sammy was. Awsome!
    I have written Sammy two letters, and he answered both of them. I was shocked! I know he wrote them, because only he would have known the answer to something I asked, and he also repeated something that I had said to him when I met him the first time. I think I wet my pants the first time he wrote back.
    69mach1:
    Thats cool about the ex cleaning his pool. Sammy has a great family, his daughters Kama and Samantha are so pretty. I guess they are about 9 and 5 now. I also like metallica, and journey. I wonder if Sammys mail goes to the same place where his house is.

aghllw: I would love to do the on stage thing, but cant afford it right now. I am sure he will continue do have that. A friend of mine in CA usually does the on stage thing. I would love to hug Sammys neck again, but during the concert, I think I like looking at his face during the concert. Although he does have a awful good looking tushy for a 58 year old man. If you have some pics, please email them. I would love to see them.

brooksiemom:
    Thats neat about having the same birthday as Sammy. I heard they use to let everyone in free to Cabo if you had the same birthday, but so many showed up, they had to quit doing that.
    fight4acure:
    I agree "I CANT DRIVE 55" either!

carebelle: I like Toby also, I am just not a big fan. He is a really nice guy though. If you see him around town, he will stop and give an autograph. He also did a benefit concert for a friend of my sons, mom to help raise money for her after surgery meds. Hes got a big heart.

dleaning: It sure was a different crowd when Sammy was frontman. He brought a whole different sound to the group.

marjidoll: I am 45 and if Sammy comes on the radio I know I look like I am on drugs, I have the radio so loud that I am suprised that I dont get pulled over. LOL

metallimom: Hey, is that metallica? I love their music, but my 25 year old son is a metallica freak. He has been wearing metallica t-shirts since he was about 2, in 1983.

Thanks again to all of you that replied, it has made my day to get to talk about sammy.
    Like I said, if any of you get bored, go visit my web site, dedicated to Sammy.

Disclaimer:
    If I boo-booed somewhere on this post, please forgive me, I have FM. LOL! LOL! LOL!
    God bless, Julie

12. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

that is at the shoreline theater around san jose ca...

i maybe going to that one...my friend jett asked to go w/her next week i said i had to see what was going on w/my son.

so i will let you know if i go..and i guarantee if i get pics of him...i will learn to put them on this site...

jodie
  13. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

A friend of mine is also going to the aug. 4th concert. Her name is Jeanette, I met her on sammyhagar.net. I have acutally never met her in person, but we email each other all the time. Her and her husband go to all the show, they were on the cruise, and go to the birthday bashes, and Tahoe. I envy you all. I havent got to see Sammy once yet this year. Dallas was just too far to ride, the pain just gets too bad after riding anywhere. He says hes coming to OKC to play at Tobys club. I emailed Tobys webmaster, and he said that Sammy is coming, but they have not scheduled yet. I am on pins and needles waiting. Tobys club is small like Cabo, its more of just a food place most of the time, but every weekend they have someone do a small show there.
    If you get some pictures, email them to me. I have my email address on my web site.
    God bless, Julie

14. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

Sorry, but I am in a "Sammy" mood, so I am bumping this for SAMMY HAGAR!
    CAUSE SAMMY ROCKS!

Its so nice to feel good for 10 min. lol!
  15. mrpain

mrpain New Member

I didn't read everybody's remark but didn't Sammy play with Montrose at one time? I think he did..
  16. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

He sure did. They actually did some concerts together this year. I would loved to have been able to go to one of them. I know that Ronnie Montrose has gone to Sammys club in Cabo San Lucas several times, including his big birthday bash.
    Hearing from someone who knows how montrose is, is very awsome. Not many people know who that is.
    God bless, Julie
  17. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

seen him last night on Craig Ferguson's show...and he did not sound to country to me!! i would love to half half of his energy!!!
  18. Aghllw

Aghllw New Member

I hear you on the "can't afford it". I have a friend that is a ticket broker, that is how I got to do it...and it was an experience. Ted Nugent, Toby Keith, and Sammy Hagar all within reach!!

I will scan some pics and send them your way!

Have a fabulous weekend!!
  19. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

Anyone that has any Hagar stories, or pictures you can send them to me through my email address. Sammys music is what is kept me sane through several disasters, and I love hearing about him.
    If any of you havent been to my Hagar fan web site, go check it out.
    God bless, Julie
  20. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

I noticed you lived south of me in Texas. I am in Moore Ok. Just curious, does your friend the ticket broker ever get tickets for the nascar races. My husband goes when they are racing in the Dallas area. Its expensive, but with my husbands attempted suicide last August, I make sure he goes no matter the cost. We have been buying through ebay, about $50.00 each, not really that bad.
    If you have any sammy pics email them to me, I would love to see them.
    hagardreams@rock.com or
    hagardreams@hotmail.com