Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by street129, Apr 26, 2009.

1. street129

street129 New Member

About a week ago, i was told that i have candida, can you have organic chicken. and brown rice. any help on what you can cook to avoid more yeast in the body is appreciated greatly..
  2. street129

street129 New Member

why is it that everytime i make a post noone respond, if i post about being of the black race, everbody has something to say, when it doesn't help with my questions. i need a new board, with people that cares.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/26/2009]
  3. Catseye

Catseye Member

The most aggressive diet possible is what you should do because it takes a long time and you don't really notice how well you're killing them off. Rice is a carbohydrate food - even if it's brown, so stay away from it. You pretty much want to avoid everything but weak spices, chicken, beef, fish, eggs, raw nuts (provided you tolerate them well) and vegetables - mostly the green ones. Carbohydrates feed yeast so anything high on the glycemic index (usually what diabetics use the judge how easily a food turns to sugar in the body) is out. That means no root veggies, either, like potatoes, carrots, yucca, etc. So stay away from rice, pasta, bread - basically all grains - and anything with sugar including fruit. It took me about 9-10 months to kill off the yeast doing this. And you can't cheat. You can't have just one candy bar one day or a banana and think it's not doing any harm. You have to starve them and kill them off at the same time. There are enzyme products which are effective like Candex. Protease enzymes will help dissolve yeast.

Also avoid a few other things: condiments like ketchup and mustard, honey, mushrooms, vinegar, and even butter. You should avoid all wheat (of course, since it's a grain) and dairy products.

I ate mostly broccoli, chicken, raw almonds and a few other veggies for like a year to clear up the leaky gut and dysbiosis I had. Now all that's over and I'm still sticking to this diet mostly, but I'm adding a few other foods.
  4. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

try low carb diet like atkins or similar type diet, carbs are what candida thrive on so by low carbing your starving the little buggers, plus alot of people with cfs/fibro have found this type of diet helps.
  5. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I'm sorry that you are not getting as many responses as you'd hoped for, but this IS a caring group, by in large....sometimes there are just things posted that people don't have answers to, or they are posted at times when there might not be a lot of activity on here, in general....or sometimes people have already responded to something really similar and you might be able to find answers using the search feature....or sometimes people are just not feeling well enough to be able to respond at a particular time.....I know that some of my posts have had lots of responses and oterhs haven't had much of anything, but like I said, people on here do seem to be very caring, so try not to get too to the candida, chicken should be fine, but rice will give the yeast something to feed on (so it's not good if you are trying to combat candida) general, anything that is made with yeast or that has a lot of simple carbs (esp sugars) is not going to be good....cheese is also bad bc it is made with yeast (there are a couple of cheeses that are ok, but I can't remember which ones)
  6. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

...avoid soy sauce (it usually has wheat in it, too)
  7. MIssAutumn

MIssAutumn New Member

Cateyes has great advice, the other do too, of course, but she and I are being treated by the same doctor and I know my Candida was cured in about 3 weeks, most say a year. I did take some heavy duty supplements for it, to help the gut.

8. spacee

spacee Member

Ok, I did see this post but I don't have candida so I didn't know what to post.

I think we have a whole board dedicated to Candida...that might bring up more ideas.

Catseye is a very knowledgeable person.

Another thing. I don't think we get the "traffic" through this board since they changed the format and added the new boards.

I don't see half the people posting that used to be regulars with really great advice.

Hopefully it is a lull....don't know though.

9. street129

street129 New Member

what heavy duty supplements that you bought maybe i would love to try them also

and thanks everyone for replying to MY LONELY soul, this thing is very scarey........thanks a lot guys. maybe i'll stick around..........maybe
  10. street129

street129 New Member

morning............egg white

afternoon.................beans and spinach, a bite o organic chicken

diner spinach and chicken with water

11. FMsaddenedspirit

FMsaddenedspirit New Member

Sory Street , I don;t know anything about this .. I see your post , I only resp to the ones I can try and give advise or also deal with... this issue I no nothing about...
    I myself don;t post much .. I read more than post...

I have Fibro and CFS. arthritis , sleep Apnia

I'll try and watch for you . I would prob post more if I coudl get out of this flare I'v been in for what sems like months. on end.

Prayers for better days for all of us... Soft huggles. my dear.
  12. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

doing well, it looks like a low carb diet, maybe need to eat more, you will still lose weight on it. Tip, for sugar cravings is glutamine powder teaspoon in glass of water, give it a few minutes and sugar cravings gone, good luck
  13. astroherb

astroherb New Member

I second what cateye said. She is right on. I also found it very helpful to take probiotics, Oregano oil capsules, Kolorex capsules. The Atkins diet is the best for getting rid of yeast. It can get boring, but is well, well, worth it. Once I got rid of the candida, I finally started to get better. Brain fog gone, energy better.

14. kellyamos

kellyamos New Member

I was quite bothered by your comments about "being of the black race, everbody has something to say, when it doesn't help with my questions. i need a new board, with people that cares."

How could you say such a mean-spirited statement? The people here are truly caring and I am surprised that you received any responses from anyone with that attitude. Please do find another board that pertains to your illness. We do not need that kind of negativity here. This is, afterall, the Fibromyalgia message board.
  15. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

Actually this is a message board for people with ME/CFS AND/OR FM....not just one or the other