Anyone live in Albuquerque?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wrthster, Jun 29, 2009.

1. wrthster

wrthster New Member

Hi all,

Considering a move from Florida and originally from New York to Albuquerque. What extracts me is the weather and inexpensive cost of living for an apartment. I am curious to get feedback from anyone who lives there such as: quality of healthcare, how difficult it is to meet new people especially with this condition, experience with the healthcare systems and and Physician recommendations, overall cost of living, crimes problems, and overall what the city offers. I am on a disability check. Thank you very much for your help.
  2. Sun_Rae

Sun_Rae New Member

Hi There -I moved here over 10 years ago. Cost of living is much cheaper. One thing that irritates me is the lack of integrative care. You have the cooky naturapaths and every other "natural" practictioner known to man in Santa Fe, and then a lot of regular allopathic physicians in Albuquerque. I thought I'd never find a good integrative physician but finally found one in Santa Fe. He's board certified family practice and certified holistic practitioner. He totally understands how the body works and we spend 1.5 hours at each appointment. I highly recommend him.

Other than that, the attitude is laid back, like much of Florida. We share some commonalities, for sure. Finding good help is interesting, but other than that, you'll love the clean air and mild winters (mild compared to the North of course).

Let me know if you have more questions!
  3. wrthster

wrthster New Member

Thanks for the really good info: Do you buy chance have the name of the Integrated Doc in Santa Fe and a number? Does he take insurance? My other question is have you found any good Allopathic Docs in ABQ Internal Med and/or Immunology that you can reccomend?

Any suggestions on good, safe, and affordable areas?

Thanks very much again.
  4. wrthster

wrthster New Member

5. wrthster

wrthster New Member

6. wrthster

wrthster New Member