Anyone Live In/Around The Boston Area?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BostonLyme2006, Nov 13, 2006.

1. BostonLyme2006

BostonLyme2006 New Member

Hi,

I would enjoy very much meeting with other people to develop friendships and support networks as well. Please let me know if you are in this area.

Also, I would enjoy hearing and helping in anyway, everyone, no matter where you live!

Thanks,

Robert
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Sorry your post was missed on 11/14 - Hopefully you will get more response now...
  4. shnopee

shnopee New Member

Hello Robert -

Just saw your note. I am in the Boston area and actually found your note because I am doing a search on Boston fibro resources. There was a support group I was going to before but am turned off by the fact that I feel that the people hosting the group might have a conflict of interest since they are providing services. I would like to find acupuncturists, massage therapists, chiropractors, etc that people in the area have used that they've actually found helpful - the system of trial and error is turning out to be quite prohibitive.
  5. balletdancer74

balletdancer74 New Member

Hi,

Perhaps if you tried contacting the NCF (www.ncf-net.org) you could get a list of support groups or even maybe doctors in your area as they're in Needham, MA.

Best of luck...I'm in CT/NYC. :)

LB32 (Leeza)
  6. ericdinbstn

ericdinbstn New Member

Hi Robert-

I live in Arlington (just outside Boston) and was officially diagnosed with FMS after seeing Dr. William Pachas at Mass. General. He's been wonderful. He's gentle, and understands this disease.

I've also had accupuncture done at Pathways to Wellness in Boston. I've stopped because my insurance didn't cover it. But it did help the pain.

I think my next step is to find some kind of pain management, coping group. I need to be able to have this disease and try and live a normal life.

Take care,

Eric
  7. Tiggereh

Tiggereh New Member

Hello there,

I live in Melrose and I can recommend both the FFC in Waltham and Dr. Joe Burstein accupuncturist in Wellesley. I suffer from both CFIDS and FMS.

Best,
    Elizabeth
  8. geri65

geri65 New Member

Hi,I live in New Bedford,Ma and be glad to help! Geri65
  9. Doober

Doober New Member

Hi, I live south of Boston in Randolph. Have lived here for 12 years. Originally from Somerville as a child and have lived in Arlington for a few years myself.