Anyone live in N.Y. State/ Where?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kmcerio, Feb 14, 2006.

1. kmcerio

kmcerio New Member

Hi I live in N.Y. State right on the Pa. border. Anyone live anywhere near me. Sure would bve nice to have a fellow Fibro. friend close by to relate to. Please let me know. Thanks Karen
  2. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

Karen,

I live half my year on Long Island and the other in Washington, DC. (no I'm not a glamourous moviestar or politician...my boyf is in DC, my parents are in NY).

I got to the Philly FFC. Halfway in between ;).

-GoAskAlice
  3. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

But I reside (for now) in Maine...

Born and raised on Long Island and miss it terribly...

I know that I don't 'qualify' to answer, but I just wanted to say HI to all the wonderful NYers on here...

Peaceful days ahead~Alicia
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

In the beautiful Finger Lakes of Upstate New YOrk where we just had the mildest winter on record (so far).

The Finger Lakes are so called as the Native Americans believed the Great Spirit had laid down his hand, the fingers forming the five big lakes, all named for Tribes of the Iraquois Nation. The lakes are from 20 to 40 miles long.

There is great skiing here in the Winter and the lakes to swim in our good summers, so we often have the best of all worlds with a gorgeous New Endland type Fall and pretty Spring.

We have an Ivy League University(Cornell) SUNY, and Other good colleges and Universities all around us. We have a large car racetrack, horses, dairy farms and one of the largest Malls in this part of the country.

The scenery is largely fields, rolling hills a few taller peaks and a multitude of different trees and flora.

We have small villages and towns with lots of Victorian homes, some as low in price as $60,000 for a redone 4 bedroom! But they go up in price too, not all are so good a deal!

We even have a President or two born around here, and the Women' Sufferage Movement started here, so we have the Women's Hall of Fame.

A Wonderful Life (movie) is said to have been based on Frank Kapras Stay in Seneca Falls which became Bedford Falls in the movie. We still have a few film stars around.

We have Menonite Communities and nationalities from the World over with a huge cultural exchange. My son's elementary school has children from 37 different countries, and thus we have terrific foods available.

So we have something for everyone. And NO I do not work for the Tourism Office!

Peace

Anne Cromwell
  5. pastorwife

pastorwife Member

Glad to meet a fellow Ny/PA border person. I live in Broome/Delaware county. Why do I say it like that? Well, walk 500 from my house and I switch into Delaware county! PA is less than 1 mile if I could fly. The Delaware River flows through "town" (not sure it's big enough to be called that!). Oquaga Lake is 3 miles "up." If you know the area, you'll understand that! LOL

More general: Binghamton is the "shopping district" and it's a full days chore to get there, shop and come home. It can take as long to get there and back as to shop and wait in line.
  6. kmcerio

kmcerio New Member

Hello everyone, Really glad to meet all of you. I live in Waverly, N.Y. Right on the Pa. border. I can walk across the St. and be in Pa. I live between Binghamton N,Y. and Elmira, N.Y. Any of you heard of the Robert Packer Hospital/Guthrie in Sayre, Pa. ? I live about 10 mins. from there. It would be nice to get together with all of you and do lunch and maybe give each other some support. God knows we can use all we can get. Anyways glad to hear from you and drop me a line now and then. Thanks Karen
  7. SandraJean

SandraJean New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm from Pittsford New York It a suburb om the east side of Rochester. We've been here in the area for about 30 years. Nice area just don't like snow anymore. Originally I'm from the Mohawk Valley---lived in Mohawk, about a half hour drive east of Utica. I camped every summer at Pine Lake--at the base of the Adriodack Mountains.

Nice to see other New Yorkers

Sandy
  8. UPK5

UPK5 New Member

Hi Karen!

I live in New York. I live in Queens, which is one of the 5 boroughs (part of the city of NY). We were hit with the BIG blizzard on Sunday. However NYC schools were opened yesterday. The roads were a mess, but Mayor Bloomberg, decided to keep our schools open without any delays. I DID NOT shovel! I have 2 sons and a husband who took care of that sore muscle job.

I drove to Colorado on Route 80 with my brother when I was 16 years old. I remember it taking forever to drive through Pennsylvania (what a L O N G state) until we reached Ohio. Have you gone to the FFC clinic in Philadelphia? How are you feeling these days?

I hope you are having a Happy Valentine's Day!

Another Fibro Friend and New Yorker,
    Cindy
  9. tandy

tandy New Member

And realy enjoying our once in a lifetime mild winter!
    Today is suppose to be near 50 degrees.
    some might say, big deal~ it is! we're lucky to get above 25 degrees in Feb.

I spend alot of my summer time in Lake George (its gorgeous there!!) and the Thousand Island area. (alex bay)
    Its close to the canadian border.
    This area is very scenic,..and the fall is the best I've seen as far as color change/foilage.
    I see a decent Rhuemy in New Hartford for my Fibro.
    Nice meeting you all~

Blessings
    Tandy
  10. atpeace

atpeace New Member

Karen and Cindylou:

My grandparents...heck, most of my mom's family...live very near to you. They're in Waverly and Sayre. If I'm not mistaken, my grandmother worked at Guthrie Clinic years ago.

Small world.

Lori
    [This Message was Edited on 02/16/2006]