Anyone Live Near Traverse Michigan? DOCTORS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dovebird, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Dovebird

Dovebird New Member

I am not only asking this because I need to find a new doctor in my area but I could sure use a friend too. As you can imagine I don't get out much but I am trying. I'm not all depression I still love to laugh, okay my codeine does that LOL.

Hope to here from you Northies.....:D
  2. kimkane

kimkane New Member

I am down in New Hudson.

I know of a web site that is local. I will look there for you and then post it in this thread.

bbs, Kim
  3. Dovebird

Dovebird New Member

The only alternative health care that I know of here in TC is the Shephard of Hope Clinic. I've been with that doctor for at least 15 years and though I have gotten pretty much everything I asked for I am deeply disappointed that I seem to have to give him ideas. They have alternative therapies there even chelation but he never seems to be interested in trying anything on me except drugs. Maybe it's the fact that he knows I have no money to pay for other things. They just seem to play the traditional therapy with me so I am looking for someone that treats FMS and other things I have more agressively. Some of the nurses are even rude at times but I am sure it has to do with patient loads. I know it is hard on both sides.

Tell me what clinic you are speaking of would love to know?
  4. Dovebird

Dovebird New Member

would love to see the website! I am clueless as to wear New Hudson is it sounds south of here.....get back to me soon okay...hugs, Dove
  5. kimkane

kimkane New Member

New Hudson is east of Brighton.

I have a few things here. I wrote a number of different support groups explaining your problem. I hope to hear from them soon.

Here are the locations of support groups, tell me if they are close to you.

Beaverton...........Eaton Rapids............St. charles

here is a web site I also wrote to them.
    www.fibromyalgiatreatment.com her name is cris roll.
    [email address removed]

If you are on-line now I will meet you in chat room iat 8:15.

Hope to see you< Kim
  6. kimkane

kimkane New Member

I got kicked out of chat.

I thought it would be easier to talk there than this.

i will try again, Kim
  7. Dovebird

Dovebird New Member

Thank you so much hun for doing all that for me! Sorry I missed you I just got home from the store. Was trying to find a way to mail you but can't find a way other than this post...hmmmmm. I am if you want to check me there would love to meet you and get to know you more......read your profile and my heart goes out to you!!!

(E mail removed!)
  8. Dovebird

Dovebird New Member

Could u please tell me what protocol they do have because I am unaware of it?

I left a message with my doctor there begging him to help me and I still have gotten no call for three days. I don't want you getting discouraged because of me. I have been a patient there a long time and it may be that I am wearing on their nerves lol.

I didn't know they had a protocol......hmmmmmm. I see lots of herbal supplements on their shelves though maybe I just need to push more and divie out more money than I have.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/11/2005]
  9. lazygrant

lazygrant New Member

I live in Beaverton MI there is a support group here? Please let me know how I can contact them. Thanks.