ANYONE LIVING HERE IN HOUSTON,TX OR CLOSE?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lee, Sep 18, 2002.

1. Lee

Lee New Member

I have really been having a time of it here lately with this horrible, stupid, neverending painful, energy zapper, mind scrambling disease called FIBROMYALGIA!!!!

I am at work right now & hurting so bad I wish I could go home. I know of no one who is a phone call away who would understand what I am going thru that I could talk to. I have a boyfriend who is basically clueless & shows no interest in knowing either. My family is great but even they can't know what I am going thru & how hard & painful it is sometimes.

I am usually a very strong, prideful person who tries to be outgoing & positive about things but I am just so tired of all of this here lately. I guess there has been alot going on here this past month but I don't have the time or the energy to write about it. That's why I would like someone who has the same problem as me & doesn't mind talking over the phone or across the table.

Please respond if anyone is interested in helping out one of many casualties of this disease.

Thanks & God Bless,
    L
  2. Lee

Lee New Member

I have really been having a time of it here lately with this horrible, stupid, neverending painful, energy zapper, mind scrambling disease called FIBROMYALGIA!!!!

I am at work right now & hurting so bad I wish I could go home. I know of no one who is a phone call away who would understand what I am going thru that I could talk to. I have a boyfriend who is basically clueless & shows no interest in knowing either. My family is great but even they can't know what I am going thru & how hard & painful it is sometimes.

I am usually a very strong, prideful person who tries to be outgoing & positive about things but I am just so tired of all of this here lately. I guess there has been alot going on here this past month but I don't have the time or the energy to write about it. That's why I would like someone who has the same problem as me & doesn't mind talking over the phone or across the table.

Please respond if anyone is interested in helping out one of many casualties of this disease.

Thanks & God Bless,
    L
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

So sorry to hear you are having such a terrible time, I sure could add a 'few' not so nice names to Fibromyalgia too!

We do have quite a few members in the Big Star State, hopefully they will respond to your cry for a friend who understands. I know how you feel.

Personally, I have never met a single soul in my life that has FM/CFS, and I have been fighting this FM for twenty years now.

You are so right, you have family and friends that sympathize with you, but no one can feel this pain but you or someone else that is also suffering from it too.

I am also a very stong, private person but it does get to you sometimes.

Hope you are feeling better soon, and find a friend that you can relate too.

Shalom, Shirl

4. Labguy

Labguy New Member

Hi L,
    I live in Austin but not sure how much help I'd be. I'm just now getting diagnosed with FMS after years of seeking medical help for pain and general unrest. For years I thought the joint and neck pain was just from working out and lifting weights. I've tried Effexor and Celaxa but the side effects were too much. I've got Flexeril to sleep but bascially I'm waiting to go back to the Dr. to see what's the next step. I've been reading up as much as possible and that's how I came to this site. Honestly, I was skeptical at first, but I'm starting to be a believer. I didn't realize how bad it can get. I'd be glad to hear some of your thoughts and experiences.

Regards,
    R

5. cpalance

cpalance New Member

I live in Houston, NW side near Tomball. Can't talk on the phone much because my arms and hands fall asleep. Can't put the phone on my shoulder, after years of doing Call Center work, I get pinched nerves. Would love to talk to you though. My email is on my bio, maybe we could start there. I have FMS and a bunch of other things, would be willing to trade stories etc.
    There doesn't seem to be many Drs. in the Medical Center of the world that treat Fibro. Would like to hear how you have made out.

Send me an email and maybe we can get together.

Cindy P
  6. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Hi Lee! I live North of Austin, now--although, I migrated from Houston 20 years ago. Would love to trade emails with you! Have to watch the phone bills, lol, as Medical bills are so high! essshh (have no insurance).
    Karen
  7. Suz15

Suz15 New Member

I live north of Houston,,,close to Conroe. Ive just recently been diagnosed with fibro and two of the blood tests are leaning towards ""possible"" lupus, only time will tell there. I know exactly where you are coming from. Im pretty new to this site,,,,but,,,,I will update my profile with email addy and we can go from there.

Soft hug
    Suz
  8. Lee

Lee New Member

Thank you all for replying to me!! It's nice to know there are still strangers out there who are willing to lend a hand or shoulder or email (ha ha) to someone in need. I was definetly needing it the day I made the post. I am some what better but still hurting quite a bit. I must be in a flare.

Sorry it has taken a few days to reply back. This week at work has been a killer. Busy, busy, busy. Also part of my problem.

I have updated my profile to include my email addresses so that you guys can email me here at work or at home.

LABGUY, how can I email you? You stated you are new to this and if I can be of any help to you also I would like to do that. Thank you for your kindness. I look forward to talking with you.

SUZ15, I would like to talk with you more if you don't mind. Please email me at one of my addresses. I don't see an email address in your profile as well. I used to live in Conroe for about 3 years & worked in The Woodlands.

CPALANCE, I will email you the first chance I get from home. It's hard to do this from work. Thanks a bunch.

KAREN2002, I would like to email you as well. You have been very kind to offer your support.

I want to thank all of you sooo much for taking the time to try & help me when I was down & still am some what. I got so excited when you guys started replying. I know I haven't personally talked with yall yet but just the fact that each of you took the time out for a fellow sufferer did make me feel not so alone anymore. That's whats so great about this site. Sometimes this site is like a life line. I am so thankful for it.

I look forward to hearing your stories & corresponding with all of you. Unfortunetly, my lunch hour is just about up.

I just want to thank "yall" again & God Bless each & everyone of you!
    Lee

9. Labguy

Labguy New Member

Hi Lee, I've been real busy at work, sounds like you have too. You can e-mail me at wrharding@mmm.com. I'll try to update my profile soon. Sounds like you had a better week. Mine's been the best in the last 3 months. My neck is feeling better and the side effects of the Celaxa are disappearing. I go to the Dr. on Fri. to see what's next. Take care and hang in there.

Randy
  10. Lee

Lee New Member

I was wondering if you would get back to me or not. I'm glad you did. I will be writing you soon via your email address.

Thanks again,
    L