Anyone living off credit cards to get by waiting on disability?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carlacat, Feb 17, 2003.

1. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

Gosh I hate it but I have to dip into my credit card just so we can eat. Just wondering if I was the only one? Dont meet critria for food stamps so we have to eat somehows.
  2. AnnetClo

AnnetClo New Member

I don't have that problem cause I'm not doing disability, but I do know how very stressful it is to "rob Peter to pay Paul". And even though I'm not dealing directly with the disability issue it makes me very angry to read how you guys have to jump through hoops and then wait forever to get money that you are entitled to. I wish I could win the lottery and share the wealth with my fibro friends. But since I don't have money, I will send good vibes and keep you in my prayers.

(((hugs)))
    Annette
  3. pamela

pamela New Member

Consolidate your credit cards if they are too high so you can just pay one payment and get out of the stump you might be in. The interest these days kill people w/ limited or no income. Just my past experience tidbit of info.

Pamela
    [This Message was Edited on 02/18/2003]
  4. nitalynn

nitalynn New Member

Please be careful with them. We ended up with a $35,000 dollar debt. We have done the debt consolidation thing and I will have to work the next six years to get this thing paid off (already been on it a year) reguardless of what happens. The stress can be a killer. Literaly(sp.) I really don't know what else to suggest to do. Instead but all I can say is be careful, be careful, be careful. I will be thinking of you.
  5. kgg

kgg New Member

Please be careful how much you use the credit cards. Have you tried contacting churches that have food pantrys? I just personally know the stress of having debt. Its not good for health.
  6. ejay

ejay New Member

you didn't mention if you are from us or canada i am canadian and the first time i had to apply for dis. or what we call canada dis. pension i was turned down because of age i was told they always do the 1st time.but we were struggling so bad with 3 small ones me far away in hospital my hubby totally on comission as i had been which left me qualified for nothing so i thought but in canada there is also ontario supp. if income isnt over 1400 a month wich pays for all drugs and helps with all kinds of other expenses along with being a income there is also the trillum program to help you with drugs that you would def. qualify for.and last but not least if you end up having to use social assistance do it thats what its for when i received my bck pay it had bothered my hubb so much that we pd bck what help we received you always have that choice and there is no int. P.S just so you know about 35%at least are living off cards at this present time i know i worked in the industry at one time and still keep good contact and there is nothing wrong with these people yet everyone you meet will always say they pay theirs off every month so who is it the news is talking about with the avg balances in the 1000s?[This Message was Edited on 02/18/2003]