Anyone near Hagerstown Maryland?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PianoGirl, Jul 5, 2006.

1. PianoGirl

PianoGirl New Member

Was just wondering if anyone is near Hagerstown, and if so, where do you go to the doctor? I have an appointment in 6 weeks at the Rhuematologist by the name of Dr. Klein, and I haven't heard much if anything about them.

Looking forward to hearing from a "neighbor" :)

2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

There are a couple of good doctors in Annapolis. William Tham (who takes insurance) and Jacob Teitelbaum (who does NOT take insurance). I know that's a pretty long hike for you, but for a good doctor I think some of us would travel the world.

If you do decide to come out this way, let me know and I'll meet you somewhere for lunch. I live in Bowie.

God Bless
  3. PianoGirl

PianoGirl New Member

Thanks for the doctor information. Do you know if he is hard to get an appointment with?

Traveling is not an issue with me, especially if it can gie me any type of relief.

Do you know if he diagnoses Fibromyalgia? I have not been officially told that is what i have yet.

Thanks again.
  4. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Now I live in Chambersurg, PA. Been up here about 12 years since I got re-married.

I used to see Dr. Clawson up here, but I don't care for his "bedside" manner~ he has none.

When I get insurance again, I'm going to try Dr. Schlansky who is in the same office with Clawson.

If I were you, I'd try Dr. Klien first then if you don't like him, look for another rheumy. I may even go upto Hershey Medical Center.

I'm in nursing school (to become a RN) so, I should have better insurance when I start working...I hope!

Anyway...Nice to meet you PianoGirl!
    Let me know how it works out for you.

Take care,
    C-mom
  5. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

6. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

7. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

He was the one who diagnosed my fibromyalgia and my Chronic Fatigue...and my hypothyroidism. I like the way he and his associate, Jim DiCanio treat me. I'm not a just number. Jim even calls me "hon". LOL

I didn't have any trouble getting an appointment. His number is 410-266-2700. I hope it's OK to post that!

Good luck!

God Bless.
  8. Crickie

Crickie New Member

Hello,

Yes, you are a neighbor...I am in Greencastle. I can't help you with the doc you are asking about however, I was diagnosed by a good family doc who then sent me to HMC about 7 years ago. I don't like the trip esp. if I am having a bad day but the docs are great! I agree with CockatooMom with the fellows in Chambersburg - in fact I don't like either one of them in the group. As a nurse I know a good bedside manner doesn't MAKE a good doc but it certainly doesn't hurt either. I think too that you would be best feeling out the local guy and then getting a referral to a bigger institution...they are always on top of the latest and greatest. I wish you luck....this isn't an easy diagnosis to live with...I sum up fibromyalgia as CONFUSING! Thanks to CockatooMom this is the first support I have gotten and I am so glad for this sight...no one understands better than someone who is going through this stuff. Keep in touch~
  9. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

I got to a place in Bethesda thats good. The head doctor sits on a lot of fibro associations, so he's very knowledgable. I see one of the associates usually, but i've found them to be very good, and the office staff is very nice about making sure prescriptions are filled and that sort of thing.
    Their website is www.painpoints.com if you want to do some research. It's a Pain Managment center, so they work with all kinds of pain conditions.
  10. PianoGirl

PianoGirl New Member

I guess I will try the local doctor first, it would be a lot less traveling and i'm finding that the more i travel the worse i feel.
    I will also keep the other doctors/pain clinics in mind as well.
    I'm just hoping that when i go to this doctor, i can finally get some answers that will point me in the right direction. The chiro feels this is definitely fibro and several people that i have talked to say the same thing.
    Maybe sometime all of us in the same area can get together for lunch. It's always nice to make new friends. Do any of you know of any support groups in the area ? ?
  11. Crickie

Crickie New Member

I wish I knew of a support group to tell you about. This site is actually the first support I have gotten and I have had fibro for the last seven years! I personally know CockatooMom (going to RN school together) ~ she too might like to get together....maybe we could all agree on a date, time, and place.

Great idea! Hope you get this message....being new to this site, I am still trying to figure how to contact people!!!

Take care ~
    Chrisi
  12. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Let us know how your first appointment goes and all!

I know of a support group in my area, but I find THIS helps me and I like it.

Take care!