Anyone near Syracuse/Auburn NY?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by segrin, Oct 19, 2005.

1. segrin

segrin New Member

If so let me know and we can exchange info on Dr's, weather effects or what ever.
  2. segrin

segrin New Member

Well I am pleased to see someone is from my area actually I am in Marcellus and have had FM dx'f since mid '80s and I was the disbeliever never herd of it before and went to another Dr. to see what the heck was wrong with me and he found other things along with FM. I currently go to a fairly good Rhumetologist in Syr. If you'd like to discuss other area things, symptoms etc I am a Medical Transcriber who is no longer able to work. I have two kids 23 and 17.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/20/2005]
  3. browneyes259

browneyes259 New Member

...hey, another NY'er on the board. I grew up about an hour north of Albany in a small town called Gloversville.

I have transplanted myself and my hubby to Sherman, TX (near Dallas) where he grew up to escape from the cold weather. It was killing me.

Love the weather down here! Hot doesn't hurt! That's my motto anyway when everyone complains about the heat.....lol!

Anyway there are more NY'ers here, just give thema chance to meet you! Good luck finding good doctors in your area.

Jen

4. tandy

tandy New Member

back onto page 1

Hi~
    I'm in Rome NY.
    Oh yea,...the winter weather is about to begin around here.
    Get out yer shovels!!

I'm seeing a dr. in Utica. Dr. Morrell.
    He's very good. (Rheumatologist)
    They have a program for Fibro where you have 2-3 different drs./therapists working to cover all aspects of FM.
    Part of the program is PT,..biofeedback,..meds,etc.
    I've just started myself that so I can't say yet how that will work out. But it sure sounds like a good/thorough progam.
    Welcome to the boards ladies!
    :)
    Tandy
  5. Des2nee

Des2nee New Member

Im not in Syracuse but Im not all that far from you. Just hop west towards Rochester on the thruway for about an hour or so to Canandaigua!! I cant help you with Dr`s in your area. I think I have found about the best ones that I will ever find in mine who are close. Im not saying they are totally wonderful but they do seem willing to try to help me. I was diagnosed in 2003 and just received a favorable decision for SSD last week

I dont know about you but the drop in temps and the winds already make me shiver and ache knowing whats to come!

Im not really one to post much but I do lurk around just about every day.

Its nice to know that there are others in this neck of the woods, so to speak.

<hugs>
  6. nina2

nina2 New Member

Just spotted this thread.
    I'm a 15 year transplant from Utica,NY....now living in
    Syracuse.

After suffering for years ,I was finally diagnosed by my primary physician about 4 years ago. She has been my sole treating physician since.

So far, not a thing works as to relieving my symptoms or pain.

The cold weather setting in now is going to be a large factor in my increased discomfort and I'm not looking forward to it as the rest of you in these northern parts very well know.

I'd like to thank all of you who have dropped "good doctor" names as I will surely look into this.

Nice meeting all of you and God bless,
    nina
    [This Message was Edited on 10/20/2005]
  7. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

I'm a transplant now in the Syracuse area still searching a doc with a clue about CFS. Ami Milton (rhuemy) has some understanding of FM but admits to little or no understanding of CFS.