Anyone near university teaching clinics w/studies

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tired42long, Sep 9, 2002.

1. tired42long

tired42long New Member

Was wondering if anyone from Wisconsin or other University teaching hospitals have studies that we could be involved in. In our paper there are always allergy, smoking, and other studies you can be involved in. But I never see anything for other "conditions". IT is something you need to ask your doctors about. Or anything around the country via internet? They have to "practice" on SOMEONE! Just call me GP (guinia pig).
    [This Message was Edited on 09/09/2002]
  2. tired42long

tired42long New Member

Was wondering if anyone from Wisconsin or other University teaching hospitals have studies that we could be involved in. In our paper there are always allergy, smoking, and other studies you can be involved in. But I never see anything for other "conditions". IT is something you need to ask your doctors about. Or anything around the country via internet? They have to "practice" on SOMEONE! Just call me GP (guinia pig).
    [This Message was Edited on 09/09/2002]
  3. jackiec

jackiec New Member

you can check at this website: http://www.centerwatch.com/search.asp

They are always doing studies, but usually none are in my area (Florida seems to be big on studies). Just type chronic fatigue syndrome, or fibromyalgia, or any other type of "disorder" in the search box and it will bring up a list of current studies being done. I just checked and it so happens there is one in Chicago, Illinois, which isn't too terribly far from me, so I sent off the info form to get more information.....thanks for the "nudge" to check into this again.

Good luck to you!

Jackie