Anyone new to taking mobic?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by swehling, Mar 23, 2007.

1. swehling

swehling New Member

Why oh why do you have to beg and plead to get pain relief??
    I had a radiofrequency proceedure on my back last week and the pain became unbearable last night (like broken ground up glass scraping the inside of back and spine). I have trouble as it is trying to turn over in the night and this was "put a gun to my head" pain. I call the pain mang. this morning and they won't give me anything but more hydrocodone and this mobic stuff. the hydro makes me sick if I take 2 and 1 1/2 does zip for pain! I usually take cataphlam as an anti inflam (which I've always tolerated and works ok, particurly for bad period pain)
    But, I read some old threads on mobic and it does not look too promising? Any more thoughts on it?
    Susan
  2. DustyCreekMom

DustyCreekMom New Member

Hi! I'm new to the board!
    I was originally given mobic for my RA - which it doesn't seem to help. Now my new rheumy (because my old one kept saying RA doesn't effect muscles and that I couldn't be in the pain I described!) has decided I have FM as well as the RA but has so far kept me on mobic but upped the dose to 15 mg/day. Again, I don't know if it's really helping that much. I'm too afraid not to take it in case it is actually working... All of this is still so new to me. I'm still in shock and denile I guess.
    Oh, this is going to sound silly... but. I actually think the name brand mobic works better than generic. I went to H.S. w/the pharmacist and he insists they are exactly the same but I swear I can tell the difference. Then again, maybe I am crazy!
    [This Message was Edited on 04/19/2007]
  3. aubrygreen

aubrygreen New Member

I took mobic for a couple months when I first started having problems with pain. It did absolutely nothing for me... but then, I have yet to find a pain med that works better sugar pills. From what I've read, its common among CFS/FMS patients that medications don't work really well, or just make you sick instead of making you feel better. I certainly have experienced that; hydrocodone makes me ill and does nothing for pain also.

Have you tried heat packs on your back?
  4. Cycie

Cycie New Member

Hi Susan, I was put on Mobic about 3 mths ago for pain, Heel Spur unbelievable pain and crossed fingers but it seems to be working great so far, Iam on 7.5mg/
    I also find I am not taking as much Endone as I used to either.

Hi DCM: I too have noticed the difference between the Mobic and the Generic brand capsule and I told the chemist and he said no way, they are the same and I said well i don't care but I will always have the Mobic thanx very much.
    So NO you are not crazy, unless we both are...hehehe

We just have to do what we have to do to get through each day.
    take care
    Cheerz cycie
  5. gidgetsmom

gidgetsmom New Member

When I went in to my pain mgmt appointment 2 weeks ago, the dr. is hoping that by adding mobic to my lortab will keep it down to 3 a day instead of 4.

I told him I'd tried it before and it didn't do anything so he put me on twice the dose as before.

I'm gonna stay on it for another 2 weeks just to say I tried, but it's not doing anything!!

Shelley
  6. Jackie65

Jackie65 New Member

this has nothing to do with the question but i noticed your username..."wehling" is my maiden name...since it is so rare I was wondering if it your name too or just a username? I know it is not good to post too much personal info on here so if you don't reply, that's ok. :) Just thought, who knows, we may be distantly related :)
  7. swehling

swehling New Member

yuck- Ihave not picked up the script for mobic yet and I don't think I will! sounds like an all around loser. I'm already swelling from the lyrica(can't believe I have to order shoes in an 11 1/2 or 12 now)lidoderm is something else they gave me and I'm not so sure about it either- I just started having tennis elbow and am going to stick one there to see how it works-I'll let you know
    Thanks for the replies you all are great!!!
    Susan