Anyone "NOT" dreaming; found good sleep RX??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caroleye, Mar 12, 2006.

1. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I've always been an all-night dreamer, but I'm also suffering from lack of deep sleep.

There HAS to be an RX that takes you into deep sleep.

Anyone found one?

I've tried Ambien, Restoril, Dalmane, and others I'm sure.

Hoping we can find a solution!!

LIGHT***********carole
  2. Juloo

Juloo Member

When I took it, I didn't even think about needing a nap during the day -- usually that's all I ever thought about otherwise.

I'm officially 'off', but my prescription is currently on hold rather than canceled. I needed two doses to get through the night, but my stomach couldn't handle it after a while.

I have a single bottle left, so I am experimenting every now and then. My latest 'possible' combination is an Ambien (5 mg) at bedtime, then set an alarm for 2:15 a.m. and take the Xyrem dose. I've done that a couple of times and had decent results.

With Xyrem, though, I didn't dream at all. I never did dream through the whole night, but right before I awoke, my dreams would be especially vivid and entertaining. If you can believe it, I miss them!

Update 3/14: I am absolutely done w/Xyrem. I've never before had a problem with a single dose -- even after I started back on it to try the latest combination above. But last night I woke about 3 and spent about 20 minutes in the bathroom *very* uncomfortably. Was up til 5 before I was able to feel settled enough to go back to sleep. Watching infomercials when you've still got a full dose of Xyrem in your system is surreal. Ugh. Mid-morning, and my stomach is still mad at me!
    [This Message was Edited on 03/14/2006]
  3. neen85

neen85 New Member

Rarely I will have a brief early morning dream....seems like a few minutes. This most often happens when I wake up early,6-6:30 then go back to sleep for a few hours.

I seem to be sleeping better with Stormeyskyes shake,but like you,still need a better solution for deeper sleep. Daneen