Anyone not have brain fog with FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tig519, Mar 15, 2010.

1. tig519

tig519 Member

Under the premise that FM is related to areas of the brain that are overactive, I read posts that reference brain fog for some. I don't have that, in fact it's the opposite, I can truly multi-task and have an excellent memory. In fact, I've told my doctor, I really need a drug that turns my brain "off" completely at night, and limited during the day so that I have reduced pain. Lyrica somewhat does that, but it's the drug in this case that causes the "fog" for me. It actually causes me to be less affective at my job. For this reason my doctor has loaded my dosage to be primarily at night. This appears to be a good compromise for me. Allows me to sleep, and then tramadol for pain during the day, which actually gives me energy as well.

Does anyone else experience this no brain fog? At least not any that is not caused by drugs?
    [This Message was Edited on 03/15/2010]
  2. isiselixir

isiselixir New Member

no brain fog here!
  3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

If you asked me a year ago I would have said NO. I'm not even sure that now I have the same kind of fog that some people here talk about.

I do experience times when my brain just can't think. I just can't comprehend, or have the energy- (my brain doesn't seem to have the energy - does that make sense?).

A lot of my inability to think is directly related to how much pain I am in, how exhausted I'm in etc.

Normally, I have what I would say is an incredible memory. It's scary that I don't feel that way anymore.