Anyone on a antiyeast diet?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Debgene56, Feb 28, 2003.

1. Debgene56

Debgene56 New Member

Madwolf has told me I should start a anti yeast diet. All I know is no white flour and no sugar. Help!!!!!!! What can I eat? Will I get withdrawal symptons if I stop everything at once? I taKEinI ALOT OF SUGAR.
    hUGS to all,
    Deb
  2. pamela

pamela New Member

Well I had severe pain, brain fog, fatigue, headaches and achyness all over about 7 months ago... and before then I had tapped onto this board and got excellant advice!!! When I learned that white flour, caffeine, potatoes and sugar were the culprits I quit everything. It took only about a week to go thru the withdrawls but it payed off!!! What I do is NOT EAT anything with the white flour, sugar (this means no lactose, dextrose, glucose and sucrose..anyhting that ends with "ose") also no flour tortillas, crackers, bread (unless its spelt bread and you can find that in health food stores). No peas or carrots or corn or any veggie with sugar. No fruit. I know this is hard but trust me it works!! What you do is eat the veggies like asparagus, califlower, squash, zuchinni, green beans, brussel sprouts, lettuce only with certain salad dressings...and NO Oil and Vinegar...no pickles--pickles ferment in your system and do a yeast build up...eat stuff like eggs and I eat at night Cream of Wheat. I have been guilty of low sodium bacon in the morning. I need to check that one out. Drink lots of water. Quit all sodas--NO Diet ones either. No chocolate either. No candy!! Eat chicken, tuna, some fish like salmon and cod. Hold it low on the ground beef. Heard that was not very good for us sufferers. Lots of veggies and protein. Also peanut butter. I eat that in the mid morning on spelt bread. Also Blue Bell Only--vanilla ice cream I usually cheat on this. Somebody might come back after i write this and attack that one! The sugar part is going to be your worst culprit to kick. I know it was hard for me. Check everything!! Check all labels!!!! Eat the lowest amount of sugar. I hope i'm not rambling. I just know how you feel. You eventually learn to not buy and eat just anything. I don't eat at fast food places either. They all have chemicals, MSG and sugar. You will have reactions!!! Just try it slowly if you can't stop all at once. Then one day you'll be able to hopefully function sugar free!!! Hope this helps...Pamela
  3. Debgene56

Debgene56 New Member

I just read thru the possible symptons, I am overwhelmed, there are so many. And I have so many of them. Including the furry coated tounge for a couple of years and the mucous in your throat. Did it affect your throat? Can I drink milk or eat cheeze what about hellmans mayo? What about coffee with out sugar or black if I can't have cream?
    You can't have potatoes either?
    You can ramble on any old time you want with me. I am so greatly relieved, my questionare I filled out suggested i was at the extreme range. How long did it take for you to get better? Did you use probiotics or other things?Please write back soon. Thanks and hugs Deb
    [This Message was Edited on 02/28/2003]
  4. Fibromiester

Fibromiester New Member

Anti-Yeast is not so hard if you think about all those BEASTIES living inside you! I am(no-no-no-WAS) a sugar freak, but quit cold turkey!
    No Sugar,honey, molasses, anything-ose, No wheat,rye,corn, no dairy, quit caffiene,no sweet fruit for a while, no fruit juices. I sweeten some things with stevia.
    No ketchup,mustard or mayo. No Cheeses.
    Do Eat- Buckwheat,quinoa,amaranth,brown rice, Fresh or frozen salmon, tuna, chicken,turkey,lean meats,sardines, no processed meats,no fast foods.
    Most fresh or frozen Veggies are OK (to cook- steam lightly), No potatoes(for a while)...
    I could go on & on, it isn't as bad as it sounds. Actually, I spend my entire day Cooking and Eating! And real food has never tasted so good! Also take a good Probiotic and other suppliments, and DO get Dr.Crook's book- the Yeast Connection, and he also has a Cook Book to go with it. Also has a web site! Please visit Candida Board, by clicking on
  5. Fibromiester

Fibromiester New Member

Anti-Yeast is not so hard if you think about all those BEASTIES living inside you! I am(no-no-no-WAS) a sugar freak, but quit cold turkey!
    No Sugar,honey, molasses, anything-ose, No wheat,rye,corn, no dairy, quit caffiene,no sweet fruit for a while, no fruit juices. I sweeten some things with stevia.
    No ketchup,mustard or mayo. No Cheeses.
    Do Eat- Buckwheat,quinoa,amaranth,brown rice, Fresh or frozen salmon, tuna, chicken,turkey,lean meats,sardines, no processed meats,no fast foods.
    Most fresh or frozen Veggies are OK (to cook- steam lightly), No potatoes(for a while)...
    I could go on & on, it isn't as bad as it sounds. Actually, I spend my entire day Cooking and Eating! And real food has never tasted so good! Also take a good Probiotic and other suppliments, and DO get Dr.Crook's book- the Yeast Connection, and he also has a Cook Book to go with it. Also has a web site! Please visit Candida Board, by clicking on message boards (above)-and hitting "candida", and I wish you the very Best!
    God Bless!
    Fibromiester
    [This Message was Edited on 02/28/2003]
  6. Debgene56

Debgene56 New Member

I am already way under weight. I had finally started to gain some back. I am so afraid I won't get enough calories. I was using milk,cheese and icecream to give extra calories. Any advice? Deb
  7. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I've also been reading about yeast overgrowth and am convinced I have this problem too. I was doing okay, but then had to go out of town and couldn't stay on this diet. But now that I'm home I'm going to try again. I had no trouble quitting breads and pasta, but that sugar thing - wow! It's amazing how conditioned we really are to eating sugar! We have to support each other and keep us on track! Good luck!!!!

Annette2
  8. pamela

pamela New Member

Well, to begin my thing w/the food and reactions started slowly and just all of a sudden POW!!!! Just all of the reactions hit me hard at once. When I started reading on this board and got some helpful advice I immediately stopped all food. I then only ate that Spelt bread, chicken, tuna, and veggies and peanut butter. Yes I was starving to death but I would just eat more of the same thing. I quit cold turkey the cokes, coffee, sugary-starchy food and all meds that had lactose in them. See my probelm is the sugar, carb, starch thingy. No potatoes, flour, rice, anything white they say...no peas, carrots, corn...not anything with sugar. No fruit or nothing!!! I guess I have the reactive hypoglycemic reaction and maybe the leadup to a diabetes problem. When I have any of that stuff I get the most horrendous headache (like someone poured acid on top of my head and it saturates all through my neck and shoulders ending up down to my toes). I burn and ache like nothing I can explain. Also the shooting pains are so bad. It's so wierd. NOTHING!!! I mean no pain killers help it either. I have to wait it out. As far as coffee, im scared to death of that. I use to drink ALOT of coffee, but no more. It took me about a week maybe 2 weeks to rid my body of the fatigue and pain from all this. I never could figure out why my intestines ached and fatigue would hit after a meal at the local cafeteria. Now I know why. I would eat fried fish, mashed potatoes, green beans, macaroni and cheese and pie or cake. WOW!!! What a combination. (It's all you can eat by the way). I'm not fat but a healthy eater!! Now when I go to Furr's cafeteria I eat baked fish, green beans, salad, another veggie or two and sugar free pie w/ whipped cream. LOL...Anyway if you follow the strict diet that everyone has outlined here for you, you really should see positive results. I don't take probiotics but I am going to check in to it. Please give it a try and cheating does not work either. You have to really give it all up to see results. I do love Hellman's mayo by the way. I should quit that to. Hope I helped some...Love Pamela