anyone on amitriptyline?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by stranded, Mar 12, 2006.

1. stranded

stranded New Member

my doc has me on amitriptyline for fibro and headaches, but it's making me dream crazy at night. so i tried taking it during the day, and it makes me really tired. i heard it was supposed to be good for rem sleep, but i'm having the opposite. anyone else have these experiences?
  2. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i have taken this on & off for about 8 yrs. first it was given to me for headaches which it did nothing for, topamax works beter for headaches. most recently i.ve been on it for sleep and now instead of getting up 4-5 times a night i only get up once a night, so it is helping.
    if you can ride out the side effects it is a good drug, if you can't ask your dr. to try something else.
    rachel
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Standed:

According to WebMD: Elavil is good for treating Fibromyalgia.

I take it and am going to ask for an increase.

Hugs,
    NyroFan
  4. libra55

libra55 New Member

it worked great. the only probelm was the dry mouth sometime, and a little constipation here and there. but it did it's job.

michelle
  5. keke466

keke466 New Member

I tied it and it didnt work for me. But maybe I didnt take it long enough and wasnt taking a very strong dose. Probably makes a difference.

Keke
  6. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

i gained so much weight on amitriptyline i had to quit....

i take inderal to prevent migraines....i have taken it for about 4 years with no side effects...it is a blood pressure med ....my dose is 80 mgs once a day