Anyone on Cymbalta using Trazadone for sleep????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nanna4550, Nov 20, 2005.

1. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

Hi Cymbalta users! Just wondering if I can take Trazadone with Cymbalta. I have been trying the Ambien cr for the 7 day trial, but it isn't working that great and the pharmacist said they usually don't prescribe more than 15 pills per month even if it was. Lunesta works pretty well but the taste is so horrible all day long. I think I'll just have to go back to Trazadone, and I can call my doctor tomorrow, but thought I'd check with you to see if any are mixing these two prescriptions??? The Cymbalta was working so well for the pain for awhile there, but the past week I haven't been so well and I think my insomnia is worse and this headache is the worst I've had in a long time.
    Let me know what is working for you, OK???
    Thanks, Janice
    Nanna4550
  2. H-Dman

H-Dman New Member

I take both Cymbalta and Trazadone. So far this has been the best combination for pain and sleep. Although if I don't take trazadone early enough I won't wake up till late morning.
  3. JudieV

JudieV New Member

Trazadone originally was used as a antidepressant. Then it was found much more useful as a sleep aide.

I use the cymbalta with Ambien or Lunests. I find the Ambien more effective. Only it's the regular, not the cr. Nothing gives me a full nite's sleep but the ambien does the best. I always get a 30 day supply. It may just be the pharmacist.

Hugs

Judiev
  4. katykat24

katykat24 New Member

I do use trazadone with cymbalta.
    I was on ambien for a while, but it is highly addictive - a friend of mine used it for a while and basically had to go to rehab because her brain was 'fried' - she couldn't feel emotion for a long time
  5. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I use the 2.

I only take the ambien when I can not sleep.I have been on it for 2 yrs now .I also get a 30 day supply of the regular 10 mg.

I have never had a problem with getting addicted to it.I can go weeks without it.

I also take my cymbalta at noon.

Ask your pharmacist if trazadone goes with all your meds.They are really the best ones to ask.My doctor doesn't even know if certain meds mix together.

Sue
  6. pookeysmom

pookeysmom New Member

Janice,

I have been taking both for quite a while- I think almost a year. I have not had any problems. The sleep that I get is better than before the trazadone, but I still feel some fatigue and stiffness in the AM. It could be due to having RA in addition to FM. I tried to switch to Ambien but I too had trouble with my insurance company.

Good luck - I hope you are able to sleep better,
    Laurie

7. chp1298

chp1298 New Member

I am taking Cymbalta,Trazadone AND Ambien. I take the Cymbalta in the AM and of course the others at bedtime. It has been the best combination for sleep I have tried. I occasionally have a sleepless night but it is nothing like the awful insomnia I had for years. Now,if only I could feel rested and refreshed when I awake from my nights sleep would be marvelous. I am sleepy at least 90 % of my awake time and it can be very annoying.
  8. vbrown

vbrown New Member

With this combo I do good sleeping and I work 3rd shift. Got a 1-1/2 inch memory foam mattress which works great. You can get it for a full sized bed at Wal-Mart for about $53.00. Try it!! Trazadone didn't help me. The first time I took it I got so groggy I thought I would pass out. Took one pill and flushed them!

Veronica