anyone on effexor? is it helping?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by arod59_2, Aug 12, 2003.

1. arod59_2

arod59_2 New Member

i was wondering if this was a good medicine the doc started me on it today, thanks
  2. mrcpvls

mrcpvls New Member

I was on it for a while and it helped me. I had no trouble getting off of it and no side effects either.
  3. Pryna

Pryna New Member

Helped the depression! And boy do I notice when I don't take it even though I am on a very low dose. I think the extended release (XR) is much better- get less side effects than when the drug us dumped into the system. It didn't do alot for the rest of the symptoms. It actually caused me fatigue at higher doses, so now I just take 37.5.
    Best of luck to you. Let us know how it works out.
  4. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I take 225 mg. of Effexor every day and it is wonderful! I started on 75 mg. and it was okay, but not enough. As soon as it was upped to 225 mg. it really kicked in. I don't notice any side effects and am very happy with it!

Annette2
  5. JP

JP New Member

I have been using Effexor XR for a few years now. I take 300mg every morning. It has been a great medicine for me and I do not notice side effects.

I hope it proves to be a good medicine for you too...Jan
  6. Dara

Dara New Member

I take one in the evening, when I go to bed I go right to sleep. This has been a blessing for me. I used to toss & turn all night and sometimes have no sleep at all. It doesn't make me sleepy, I just don't thing & worry about everything all night long like I used to.

Dara
  7. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

I was just going to look this up in the past-posts today! My friend, extremely depressed, just started taking this and according to her the difference is remarkable. She says she's been getting up at 6:00 and feeling like working. She was practically a hermit in her room, went back to bed for hours after feeding the cats in the AM. I'm seeing my dr. to get my bp checked on the 27th, so I'm going to ask him about this. I've been on Paxil for years and it just doesn't seem to be doing it as well anymore.

JoAnn

8. Spoonerpaws

Spoonerpaws New Member

jUST starting it! I have to split my 25 mg tablet into 1/4 because I am very sensitive to meds

When I was on it previously, I took too much at first and got nauseous and bad stomache pains, so this time I am easing into it