Anyone on Fentanyl Patch and need breakthrough pain meds

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tigger57, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I had faxed my doctor to tell her I was in pain and really needed something for the breakthrough pain I was having.

Since the rheumy is the one who gave me the patch, she passed the fax off to him. Because of my gastric by-pass surgery they are worried about what I'll absorb through my stomach. Anyway, I haven't heard from him. He won't be in until Monday. Keep in mind that my first day of work is Monday.

I'm hurting right now. One reason is from all the stress I've had, and the other is I can't keep my heat to high with the cost of natural gas. I do have an electric throw over me, but it's chilly in here. On top of that, the weather is changing and we are suppose to get rain that could turn to a rain/snow mix.

Okay, now... what do you guys do for breakthrough pain? What meds do you take? Is there anyone on the patch that takes something for the pain?

Suggestions, please?
    Tigger
  2. 30feeling80

30feeling80 New Member

I take Ultram twice a day. Helps considerably.

Good luck, Tigger.
    Darlene
  3. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

Thank you Gigi on the job thing as well.

That really is the point. I want to be able to get through any problems and not ruin my new job. I think the fact that it is much less stress will help a lot anyway.

Can't wait.
    Tigger
  4. PVLady

PVLady New Member

My mom uses the patches (Lidoderm) and has good luck with Darvon for breakthrough pain. She is also on Lortabs - but the Darvon is for breakthrough pain.

She can take it up to four times a day.
  5. cgaspard100

cgaspard100 New Member

I have been on the Fentanyl/Duragesic patch for a year now, and my doctor prescribes 1 to 2 Percocet a day for break-through pain. I also have Lidoderm patches which are excellent for specific/local pain in areas such as my shoulders and back (and they're non-narcotic of course). The Lidoderm patches probably help more than any pain pill could ever help, as most of my Fibromyalgia-related pain is not relieved by oral pain medications.

Cindy