Anyone On Heparin Therapy? Need Imput!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jasmine, Oct 29, 2002.

1. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

Hello! Lately I have been reading a lot about Dr. Berg and heparin therapy for hypercoagulation. I would like to hear from anyone who is on heparin therapy. Has the therapy helped or not? Is heparin primarily still administered through shots or are the nasal spray and oral doses now available? Also I'm doctor shopping for a doctor who does heparin therapy. Thanks!

Love, Jasmine
  2. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

Hello! Lately I have been reading a lot about Dr. Berg and heparin therapy for hypercoagulation. I would like to hear from anyone who is on heparin therapy. Has the therapy helped or not? Is heparin primarily still administered through shots or are the nasal spray and oral doses now available? Also I'm doctor shopping for a doctor who does heparin therapy. Thanks!

Love, Jasmine
  3. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

Hi Jellybelly,
    Thanks so much for your response to my post and I appreciate all the useful information. I'm in Connecticut but I spoke to Hemex Laboratories yesterday but they said that heparin needs two shots a day and I know I can't stand that. Could you give me the name of your doctor in California please? Is he the only one using the heparin nasal spray? Thanks for all your help. My e-mail is JasmineNirvana@hotmail.com. I would really like your doctors name and phone number so I can discuss heparin nasal spray with him.

Love, Jasmine
  4. beh43

beh43 New Member

Hi Jasmine,

I have been on heparin therapy for 10 years. The therapy has helped greatly. I am sure I would have had a heart attack or stroke if not for a brilliant doctor finding the problem. I was very lucky and am thrilled with the results I got after taking blood thinners. I do still have vascular spasms but I go in for IV thinners and things settle back down.

If you think you have a problem with coag. then by all means be tested. It is expensive but worth the cost and effort.
    Good Luck!
    beh
  5. beh43

beh43 New Member

Jasmine,

I take Fragmin (low molecular weight heparin) it is injected once a day. There is a nasal spray my doctor says is questionable at this point and an oral that is due on the market soon. Don't give up!

beh
  6. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

Thanks Jellybelly for looking up the information for me and thanks for the input BEH!
    Jellybelly,
    I talked to the person at HEMEX and she said that the heparin pills and nasal spray are being worked on but she had no idea if and when they would be available to us. I broke into a cold sweat when she told me I had to inject myself twice a day! Me no like needles!!!! Hemex gave me a doctor in Connecticut and a doctor in Pennsylvania that do heparin therapy so I need to call them and find out if they know anything at all about the nasal spray.

Love, Jasmine