Anyone on lexapro?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MAGIE, Nov 16, 2002.

1. MAGIE

MAGIE New Member

My doctor just put me on lexapro for depression.I was on celexa and wellbutrin but did not work well with me. Celexa made me sweet a lot and wellbutrin made me extremily anxious. Has anyone experience with lexapro? I need to take 10mg.
    Thank you.
    Magie
  2. MAGIE

MAGIE New Member

My doctor just put me on lexapro for depression.I was on celexa and wellbutrin but did not work well with me. Celexa made me sweet a lot and wellbutrin made me extremily anxious. Has anyone experience with lexapro? I need to take 10mg.
    Thank you.
    Magie
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

If you will go to the 'HOME' page, the link at the top left of this board, and click there, then type in Lexapro in the search engine, they have many articles concerning this drug.

It was too many for me to cut and past for you.

Let me know if this helps.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. RachelLeah

RachelLeah New Member

Hello Magie-
    My Doctor put me on Lexapro at the beginning of Oct. I take 10mg, also. I haven't noticed a difference yet. My Dr. says it takes 4-6 weeks to notice any results. I have noticed that it doesn't increase my appetite like some meds do. It doesn't decrease it either like I'd like it to!

Good Luck,
    Rachel
  5. kalynn1

kalynn1 New Member

My doctor started me on lexapro two weeks ago. I was having the worst flare of my life for about a month! I was in a tremendous amount of pain and hadn't slept more than 3 hours a night for a week (and all the while working a full time job!) I went into his office on Friday and I was a mess! I was emotional (not enough sleep ruins me) and I was crying! I demanded Ambien. He gave me Ambien and he also gave me Lexapro which I didn't want. I've tried almost every antidepressant there is and they all had bad side effects that I couldn't tolerate, so I was extremely reluctant to try the Lexapro. My Mom talked me into it. I have to tell you, I can't believe how well it worked with no side effects! I take it at night in case it makes me sleepy. I haven't noticed any side effects and it seemed to work within a few days! I feel so much better (although I'm sure sleeping had something to do with it too.) I'm not emotional, I feel in control of my emotions. And my flare got better and is almost gone. I can't believe it! I never thought I would be able to take any antidepressant. I am only taking 5 mg though. My prescription is for 10 mg, but 5 is working for me so I think I'll just stay here until I talk to my doctor at my next appointment. My Mom has a friend on the Lexapro, and she really likes it too. My Mom is calling her doctor tomorrow to try it too (she has anxiety, panic attacks and depression) so I hope it works well for her too. Good Luck with it!
  6. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

Okay but one question.........I have been trying to get this answered but haven't seen it, I could have missed it but here goes.

I heard that lexapro does not inhibit sex drive, anyone know about this?

I am thinking in terms of comparison to zoloft and no sexual drive at all.

Jaci
  7. jeridoreen

jeridoreen New Member

I take Lexapro and love it..My doctor has me taking 10 mg in the morning..He says it works better in the morning..I really like it..I could tell it was working within 3 days..With Celexa it was not working and it gave me night sweats.....Jeri
  8. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I'm gonna switch to lexapro and I'm gonna enjoy sex again!

Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Jaci