Anyone on Oxygen?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Jan 20, 2007.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

Due to a low oxygen level of 83 at night, my doctor has me on oxygen at night..I will be going for more test to rule out other possiblites but she thinks this could be CFS related.

Would like any input..

Thanks,
    greatgran
  2. u34rb

u34rb New Member

greatgran,

I'm on hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) for my chronic fatigue and pain. If you search on this board you will find loads of posts on the subject. I can really recommend it.

I've been getting HBO for six years now, about twice a week, and tomorrow will be session number 546.
  3. greatgran

greatgran Member

What is the difference in hyperbaric oxygen and the nasal
    kind that I have? Is your oxygen level low or do you just do this to feel better?

Thanks,
    greatgran
  4. u34rb

u34rb New Member

greatgran,

Hyperbaric oxygen involves breathing 100% oxygen while at above ambient pressure in a hyperbaric chamber.

The nasal delivery of 100% oxygen at ambient pressure is not the same thing. Firstly, you will be breathing the oxygen along with some air, so it will be diluted. Secondly, the oxygen that you breathe will not reach the blood plasma, or the cerebral spinal fluid, which it would if you spent some time at an elevated air pressure.

I use HBO because it has helped my symptoms of chronic fatigue since the first session I had six years ago.