Anyone on Provigil?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ripvanwinkle, Aug 24, 2003.

1. ripvanwinkle

ripvanwinkle New Member

Hi, i have been reading this board for awhile but never posted. I have been on provigil for about a week and have not had a nap since ... anyone been on this med for longer who may have some input please let me know what u think.
    I am so afraid of meds since i was "hooked" on effexor. It took a couple of bad weeks to come off it...and to all the people in here who suffer, please remember u r not alone. I have CFS Fibro IBS MCS and various other things.
    One day I would like to wake up and say "I feel good today". It has been 17 years.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Do a search on Provigil and it will bring up the posts.

Love, Mikie
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

I tried it and did'nt like the agitated feeling I got from it....so I went off it real quick! But my Mom also has fibro and she takes it and could;nt live without it!!!It has helped her a great deal with feeling some energy and getting things done!!!She says"without it, I'm on the couch!"......... All these meds the drs. try us on,work for some and not for others~
    I'd like to one day wake up and say"I feel good today" too!! I just hope its not gonna take forever and when the day comes i'm 90!! That would bite would'nt it? lol
    Best of luck~
  4. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

While attending school, I was haveing unrestorative sleep. It was affecting things like staying awake during classes. Tryed it for a time then, and it worked to stay awake. Didn't affect me at bedtime either. So yeah, it worked for me. I stopped taking it though, when my sleep got under control. It has some side effects I didn't like.
  5. keeponsmiling

keeponsmiling New Member

I've been on it for about the same time as you have. I asked my doc about it, and he wasn't familiar with it, but due to my history of sleep apnea and CFS, he agreed to put me on a trial dose. I'm currently on 50 mg a day... felt a difference the very same day I started taking it. Not one nap for over a week! WHOOOHOOOO! :) Still sleeping around 10 hours a night, and I'm having occasional dull headaches in the late afternoon, but it seems to be working for me so far.

Again, what works for one might not work for another. But if you have a history of sleep problems, especially apnea or narcolepsy, this drug might help.

All the best,

Cheryll