ANYONE ON THIS BOARD LIVE IN ILLINOIS AND APPROVED FOR S.S.D.?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HOUSEOFBLUES, Oct 12, 2002.

1. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

I SEE SO MANY OF YOU FINALLY BEING APPROVED FOR SSD , AND,
    AM WONDERING HOW MANY ARE FROM ILLINOIS?
    ARE YOU JUST GETTING IT FOR "FIBRO" OR ARE THERE OTHER AILMENTS INCLUDED?
    HOW HARD WAS THE PROCESS? WHAT IS YOUR AGE? (ARE YOU UNDER OR OVER 50 YRS.) ARE YOU MARRIED AND DOES YOUR SPOUSE WORK?
    I'M SORRY IF THIS SOUNDS TOO NOSY BUT, I'M TRYING TO GET AN IDEA ABOUT HOW ILLINOIS VIEWS FIBRO CASES.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP,
    LOVE HOUSEOFBLUES
  2. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

I SEE SO MANY OF YOU FINALLY BEING APPROVED FOR SSD , AND,
    AM WONDERING HOW MANY ARE FROM ILLINOIS?
    ARE YOU JUST GETTING IT FOR "FIBRO" OR ARE THERE OTHER AILMENTS INCLUDED?
    HOW HARD WAS THE PROCESS? WHAT IS YOUR AGE? (ARE YOU UNDER OR OVER 50 YRS.) ARE YOU MARRIED AND DOES YOUR SPOUSE WORK?
    I'M SORRY IF THIS SOUNDS TOO NOSY BUT, I'M TRYING TO GET AN IDEA ABOUT HOW ILLINOIS VIEWS FIBRO CASES.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP,
    LOVE HOUSEOFBLUES
  3. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

JUST BUMPING FOR SOME INFO.......

HOUSEOFBLUES
    [This Message was Edited on 10/13/2002]
  4. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

from Illinois who wants to try and get s.s.d.? Now I'm REALLY scared to apply for it.....
    Is everyone from Florida? lol...[This Message was Edited on 10/13/2002]
  5. dojomo

dojomo New Member

I'am in the Chicago area and on disability...but I started recieving it in 1998 when I lived in Florida. So I don't think I can help you.....

Altho I was recently "reviewed" here in Illinois and my disability coverage was continued after review without any problems......sorry I can't help more........DJ
  6. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

for your response. Maybe I will have to move to Florida.... I have a cousin down there...lol..
  7. dorothy

dorothy New Member

many here have been approved all over the country. It does not matter what state you live in. SSD is a federal service and holds the same rules throughout the country. The rules are the same in every state. It all really depends on the judge in your area, if it gets to that point... But please don't be afraid to go after what is rightfully yours.

I wish you the best,,,, and if your not working now,,, apply, dont let them intimidate you...that's what they want. Just apply and take it step by step.... we're all here to support you

Good luck
    Dorothy
  8. Rea

Rea New Member

I live in Illinois - Chicago suburbs. Yes I am over 50! I was 51 when it was approved. It was denied the first time, I appealed and it was approved right away. I do have other problems - osteoarthritis, depression, anxiety, ADD. It seems that no matter where we are from, we are all dealing with the same SSD issues (from everything I've been reading here for the last few years). Actually, from what I'm reading people seem to be getting SSD faster now than it used to be. Good luck and don't quit!