Anyone On Topamax?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ~Sibyle~, Dec 7, 2005.

1. ~Sibyle~

~Sibyle~ New Member

I wondered if anyone has tried Topamax.
    How did it work for you?

I was on it before I got pregnant with my youngest. I have not taken it in over a year and I really miss it. I am breastfeeding though and will have to wait a while longer to go back on it.

I got some pretty good results with it and was wondering if anyone else has too.
  2. ~Sibyle~

~Sibyle~ New Member

3. NIELK

NIELK Member

I was on topomax in the past & it really helped me with my headaches but I had to go off it after a while because of the side effects.
  4. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

yep I am on it, just posted on it..I think its great. I lost alot of weight on it to. I was on neurontin and found myself gaining so much weight, then finally stopped and went on to this and feel so much better....sharon5650
  5. ~Sibyle~

~Sibyle~ New Member

What side effects did you have?
    How long were you on it?

I am trying to see if it is OK to take long term.
  6. unbalanced

unbalanced New Member

I was put in Topomax about 3 years ago. I had been taking it for about a month when I began feeling wierd, my head buzzed like it was full of bees, I lost feeling in my legs, but that had gone after a few hours, I started having breathing troubles, I ended up feeling like I was having a heart attack, my feet had swollen so badly I couldn't wear shoes. Then one day, I started to get the feeling I was going to passout, my chest hurt, my heart raced, I called an ambulance & was rushed to the ER. I had an allergic reaction. The strangest thing about it was all of these symptoms were very sudden all of this took place within 2 days!! I'm sure alot of people can tolerate it, & it is a good med for them, just wanted to share my experience with Topomax. Good Luck