Anyone on Zelnorm?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PVLady, Jan 23, 2007.

1. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I am just starting Zelnorm. Has anyone here been on it and what is your experience...

Thanks...
  2. Crystal

Crystal New Member

did nothing for me...I took it for cronic constipation...no help. Good luck to you.
  3. ruby711

ruby711 New Member

I tried it for slow moving intestines but I find magnesium and other supplements to be more helpful. Maybe a conincidnece but other stuff I use and change in diet work better so far.
    ruby
  4. msmac

msmac New Member

I took it for about a year and a half after a couple of bouts of diverticulitis, surgery for inflamed cecum, and then continuing abdominal discomfort. I did not have to take 2 a day, though, used it only once a day, and found it regulated things back, so now, 2+ years later am pretty comfortable. I do, however now reinforce diet with acidophalus-type, plenty of fiber, water, and magnesium supplementation, etc. I would not hesitate to use it again.
  5. shrtcak81

shrtcak81 New Member

I tried taking it about a year ago. I only took it for about a month because it gave me bad bouts of diarrhea. It's wasn't worth it. I tried Nulev as well and didn't have any success with that either. It would calm me for a while, but then after it would wear off, my cramps would be worse and I'd have these weird muscle spasms. Let me know if you find something that helps.

Crystal
  6. LuvBeinGran

LuvBeinGran New Member

I live in Torrance, CA, and I know you are close. I've read your posts about Dr. Chavez and I would like to try him, you also said you know of a good pain doctor in this area. I would love to have that information as I am getting desperate. Pain is really bad now.

I work at the Daily Breeze newspaper, I'm sure you have heard of that. Anyway thanks for the help!

Jan
  7. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Thanks for the feedback. I started taking it two days ago and at this early stage, it is helping.

I am taking 3 mg twice a day. The dosage is 6mg twice a day which I think is too strong for me - the 3 mg is working.

I am soooooo tired of constipation and all that goes with it. I am not having any side effects yet, and hopefully won't.

I hate to take any medications but I also hate what I have endured the past two years (or more).

I AM going now. From what I read on the internet, sometimes it stops working. One doctor recommended if that happens to stop the med for a couple of weeks and restart it.

Thanks everyone....