Anyone on zomig and topamax

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by brie, Oct 29, 2005.

1. brie

brie New Member

I just got put on these two due to migraines.I am on a lot of meds as it is so i guess i thought they would give me a pill to take when I felt the migraine coming on not on a cont. basis and then not 2 new meds.So I guess I was wondering if anyone else was on these 2....do they help....are they going to make my live hell in other ways . We all know of the med that is worse then the cure. Any input is appreciated.
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

but Topomax made me sicker than a dog, so after about 6 weeks or so, I stopped it. It really wasn't helping my migraines much and I hated how I felt. When I started Effexor, I stopped having so many migraines.

I still take Zomig if I get a migraine. It works and besides making me feel really tired, there is no other effect.

Many people do very well on Topomaz; I'm really the only one I know who couldn't take it. So, I'm just giving you my experience.

Take care; I hope you get things worked out.

Sue

3. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

I take a small amount of Topamax for weight control, but it is also supposed to help with headaches and muscle aches...not sure if it works for that or not. The only other things I take are Ultram, Armour thyroid and heavier pain stuff when I really need it. I have stopped and started the Topamax several times with no problems, but you should look it up on the internet to see what the side effects are. Most people don't have trouble with it, but there are some people that do.

It's been around for over 25 years; so there is very good data on the drug, and you can find out whatever you need to know...not like the newer drugs where you take them, get sick, and no one knew about the side effects.

Best of luck to you!!