Anyone out there tonight?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Member, Jun 19, 2003.

1. Member

Member New Member

Hi everyone - wow what I couldn't do for a good night's sleep tonight?? Appears another new symptom of FMS/CFS/IBS has shown up?? Did not get a sound sleep at all last night and have been up since 5:00 am. I did not sleep sound and at 5:00 am my whole body started tingling and I felt warm. Feels like needles and pins are all over. Obviously, a very bad flare up today. Spent most of the day in bed. The tingling finally stopped about 3 hours later and has now shown up again. Its a very unnerving feeling. Can anyone relate tonight to this happening during a bad flareup?? Thanks in advance to anyone. Member.........Pat
  2. j9miller

j9miller New Member

what you are talking about. I hardly ever get ANY sleep. No matter what I do or what I take - if I get more than 3 hours of sleep a day I am blessed. And I must say that comes very little. As far as the tingling, yes, I get that too. I mainly get it in the feet and hands but it has been known to move at times. I hate it. I have searched for the cause but to no avail other than the FM. I do wonder if being insulin resistant may be a problem but my mom who is diabetic thinks it would be to early to see signs from this but who know with all these illness what really is normal.
    I hope you can get some sleep. Take care and take it easy.

Janine
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I'm still around, its almost 11pm here in Louisiana. I do not go to bed before 12 midnight, if I do I wake up much too early and can't go back to sleep.

I only get that tingling feeling sometimes, and yes, I hate it too.

Have had a bad day myself, this is the first flare with the pain in my upper back that I have had in a very longtime. They longer between the flare, the more it seems to hurt.

As for sleep, well this is the first time in my life that I am sleeping 7-8 hours a night.

I take Xanax at 7pm

ZMA (zinc, magnesium and vitamin B-6) at 9pm

Melatonin (2 1/2 milligrams) right before bed.

This is a magic formula for me, first time I ever found something that really made me sleep deeply. I have tried every prescription drug, and OTC's that were available untill I just gave up!

Like you all, I would sleep one or two hours in a whole night.

If you can find something that agrees with you for sleep, it will make a world of difference in how your over all health will be.

I think the magnesium is a big help with the tingling, unless its caused by diabetes, which it will also help.

HOpe you ladies get some relief and sleep too.........

Shalom, Shirl

4. Member

Member New Member

Thank you so much for taking the time to write tonight. Its also nearly 11:30 and I'm still feeling tingly and have that "anxious feeling" so hopefully the 2 advil I took for fms pain - upper and lower back alot today and the burning and etc. you know the rest.........I'm going to print your message re: the formula you take for sleep. You're always there and gosh I do appreciate it sooooooo much. Wishing you the best tonight and always.......
    peace, love and joy..........Pat

[ advertisement ]