Anyone out there with cfs suffer with leg pains

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by slave, May 5, 2006.

1. slave

slave New Member

After having a baby in 2000 I started to have pains in my legs. Just wondering if anyone else suffers like me. I get grabbing pains in my calfs, stabbing pains in the side of my knees also burning sensation. It would be nice to know I'm not on my own with this.
  2. colinjn

colinjn New Member

Hi SLave,
    I have regular pains in my legs, ranging from a crawling feeling to crippling spasms. The good news is that thry tend to disappear when I bump up my magnesium intake and also keep to regular Vitamin D. A cheap and easy fix.

The bad news is that I get lazy and forget to take my supplements....and have to learn it all over again

Colin
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

My leg pain has been the one symptom that has never gone away in about 5 years.They hurt really bad at night .And when the weather changes boy do they hurt.When I was little I had what they called growing pains and would cry myself to sleep.This reminds me of that and yes I could still cry but I hurt all over now.
  4. Gretchen12

Gretchen12 New Member

Yes, I have terrible pain in my legs--calfs & thighs.
    It is so bad that I have to take Vicodin for the pain.

I wonder if magnesium would help, and, if so, what kind of magnesium are they talking about?

Gretchen
  5. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

Terrible leg pain. Very impacted by the weather. I have only been diagnoised with Fibro (only....ha!)
  6. LouiseK

LouiseK New Member

Hi,

Yes, indeed. This is my *personal* experience and assessment:

The calf pain is fibro and is really helped a lot by magnesium and calcium but you have to be consistent and wait a week or so for it to kick in. Now if I forget it I will get up in the night to get it -- that's how well it works.

Thigh pain (inner, outer, upper and around knees) started really dramatically when my CFS appeared -- I believe it is a lack of oxygen to the large muscles or that mitochondria problem -- thigh, upper arms and, unfortunately, heart. I get pain in all three places. Atenolol helps with the heart muscle pain. I just try to get a little aerobic walking in (very little) and then go through the pain for a couple of days -- maybe some self massage or hot bathes to create circulation in the area) then walk again. And do some super gentle yoga inbetween.

Really try the magnesium and calcium together a few times a day. It helps the calf muscles so much you won't have any trouble remembering to take it. Actually, I'm going for some now.

Peace.
  7. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Pains in legs,
    YES, for yrs now.They hurt so bad they keep me awake at nite.

Take pain meds,but have to increase it quite often.
    They trob like a toothache!!!

So sorry you have it.Take anything for it????

Take Care!
    Jordane
  8. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

Yes, I get VERY bad leg pains. Especially when the weather is bad, and it goes from hip to ankle. It's a VERY deep aching, burning, stabbing pain. The funny thing is, mine also started after having my son in 2001. I was diagnosed with CFIDS in 2004. So, you're not alone

Gentle hugs,
    Kim
  9. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

slave:
    I was just at the rheumatologist who is treating me for FM/CFS and I complained of a deep, heavy aching in my legs. He said it, in my case, was from the FM.

nyrofan
  10. tandy

tandy New Member

Yes
    I get horrible achy legs all the time.
    I have Fibro,...although I suspect both CF/FM.
    My pain is worse followed by fatigue/tired.
    I can't say that much has helped my leg pain.
    My pain killers do very little.
    I do find that taking hot baths with epsom salts helps.
    (tho not for a long time)
    I have unexplained hip pain and knees too.
    But the legs,..they just ache all over.
    The upper and lower~
    wish I could offer more help :)
    I know,.... Its pretty bad to live with.
    I have gyno issues and wondered if the leg pain was from that or Fibro.? could be from both.
    Take care and feel better,
    Tandy
  11. slave

slave New Member

thank you all for your replies, I don't want any of you to be in pain but I'm glad I'm not alone. My leg pains aren't as bad as they used to be but I take a painkiller called Tramadol (I'm in the UK) when I need it. I used to be on amitryptline (can't spell) they were fantastic for the pain, also to help me sleep. Lots and lots of rest has been the key thing for me and a great understanding partner and yes the cold weather affects my legs too! Keep smiling, its better than crying.
  12. megchampagne

megchampagne New Member

Ah! I am so funny! Haha... Oh, yeah.

Yeah. My leg pains are one of the main things that made me go see a rheumy. I have pain in my calves and thigs, really bad. Some days, it is very difficult to walk, and I walk around the office like I have a stick up my you-know-what.

What happens is that my legs feel really weak, like noodles. Sometimes, it's even hard to drive, since I barely have enough strength to press the accelerator (and even more frightening, THE BRAKES!)

I've started wearing sneakers to work and I still have this constant pain. I find that spraying some of my favorite O24 kinda helps ease the pain, but I still have trouble walking.