ANYONE PARTICIPATE IN CFIDS & FM Self-Help Discussion Group?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by quanked, Aug 26, 2011.

1. quanked

quanked Member

CFIDS & FM Self-Help Discussion Group: Register by Sep 5 for Fall Term
    by Bruce Campbell, PhD
    August 26, 2011

I saw this at the top of the page. I wondered if anyone has ever particpated in this group and if so what your thoughts were about your experience.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.
  2. sascha

sascha Member

has been helping people for years now. he developed a careful method for managing cfids situation. for staying in your energy envelope. involves keeping careful track and gives ways for dealing with challenges.

i met him once. he's very down to earth. evolved system for tracking symptoms and managing them. and for helping people get system going for themselves to do best they can; for getting the most out of their lives while dealing with difficulties that continually crop up .

a cfids/fm support group on the west coast uses his book for discussion topics. he has researched every aspect of this disease and how to cope with it in very practical ways. sascha
  3. quanked

quanked Member

Susan2009 I watched the video. I think if I could manage the effort I could benefit from this class/support group. Managing time has always been a problem of varying degrees for me over the years but now it is a major difficulty. When I had endless energy (it seems like a totally different person to me now) I always managed to pull things together with not so much effort.

The disucssion about setting goals/targets got my attention. The ability to define a goal and break it down into manageable pieces is an enviable skill.

Sascha I appreciate your summary. I could use some new thoughts on how to cope other than just pushing through.

Now the question is I am able to commit? I am not sure yet.