Anyone positive for CMV and EBV? Getting treated??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TwinMa, Mar 7, 2006.

1. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I just got some additional blood test results from FFC. I am positive for CMV. I tested high previously on EBV titers. My CMV reading is:

CMV IGG AB 5.99 High (Out of Range)

It is considered positive if >=1.10

To treat EBV, I started Acyclovir (Rx antiviral) about two months ago. I am also taking Grape Seed Extract. I got no reaction when I started the Acyclovir, but did get an immune response when I started the Grape Seed Extract.

Is anyone else treating for CMV and EBV? Since they are both viruses, is the treatment the same?

Katy
    [This Message was Edited on 03/07/2006]
  2. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

I was also positive for both. I was told they are "cousins". I'm on Famvir (antiviral) and Transfer Factor 4000. So far, I haven't noticed much of a difference and it's been 7 weeks :(

GoAskAlice
  3. spacee

spacee Member

I have had high titers to EBV for 20 years. CMV sometimes does a positive and sometimes a negative...never high.

I take a tranfer factor that targets both plus some others. It is Immune Transfer C. It has not brought my titers down but I do feel alot better. Let's just say that normally I would feel like a 1 (out of 10) and now I feel like a 5. Still not able to work but not in bed all the time. The TF is sold at this site and is expensive $140 a month.

I have tried the AV's and they didn't help but maybe I didn't take them long enough. Who knows?

Best...Spacee
  4. rigby

rigby New Member

In 1993 my doctor treated me with gummagolbin injections and B12 3X a week for a month this help with my fatgue. My WBC went up and so did my iron level. Sharon
  5. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I'm not sure how much longer I'll take the Acyclovir. I've been on it for two months.

I think my next step will be Transfer Factors. I bought Transfer Factor System 100 from the store here. It targets both CMV and EBV. It is less expensive than the Immune Transfer C. I bought 30 capsules for $22.95. That Immune Transfer C is pricey!