Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Msdeana, May 18, 2009.

1. Msdeana

Msdeana New Member

My chiropractor, put me on Ligaplex I a few days ago. He has my list of medications and supplements. It sounded promising so I decided to take it.
    Along with it, I take Grape seed extract (started two weeks ago.) Plus I take the following at suppertime, and have for over 2 yrs; Vit D, 200 IU, Calcuim 400 mg, Magnesuim 800mg, and zinc 15 mg.

Well I am on my third day, of the Ligaplex I and feel like someone tried to fold me over, staple me together and send me to china! I hurt so bad I can't walk, sleep, or even sit.

I'm wondering if I am hexing, or am overdosing on some supplements. From what I hear and read on here, Ligaplex is the best of all three of them.

[This Message was Edited on 05/18/2009]
  2. mmztcass

mmztcass New Member

are you allergic to anything in the Ligaplex, such as in the inactive ingredients? Some people have allergies to certain things.

Take care... :)

P.S. I did look it over and it does contain so many things. I have to be careful with some of the supplements I take because I can have similar problems happening with me.[This Message was Edited on 05/18/2009]
  3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

There is a website at that gives you side effects, interactions of both prescriptions and supplements.

I searched Ligaplex I and nothing turned up. Does it go by another name? Maybe it does not have the I after it?

You may want to change the title of your post to something more specific like drug interactions with Ligaplex or just Ligaplex. This may increase the chances of getting some information.

4. Msdeana

Msdeana New Member

The following is a list of ingredients in Ligaplex I:

Suggested Use: Two capsules per meal, or as directed.

Supplement Facts
    Serving Size: 2 Capsules

Calories 4
    Cholesterol 5 mg 2%
    Vitamin A 230 IU 4%
    Vitamin C 1.8 mg 4%
    Vitamin E 1.7 IU 6%
    Vitamin B12 5.8 mcg 100%
    Phosphorus 18 mg 2%
    Manganese 55 mg 2,750%

Two capsules supply 375 mg manganese lactate, 70 mg pea vine juice, and 65 mg veal bone PMG™ extract.

Proprietary Blend: 775 mg
    Bovine bone, calcium lactate, oat flour, bovine liver, veal bone PMG™ extract, dried pea (vine) juice, bovine kidney, beet (root), inositol, nutritional yeast, dried beet (leaf) juice, dried buckwheat (leaf) juice, buckwheat (seed), carrot (root), ribonucleic acid, bovine adrenal Cytosol™ extract, dried beet (root) juice, bovine spleen, ovine spleen, mushroom, para-aminobenzoate, soybean lecithin, and carrot oil.

Other Ingredients: Manganese lactate, gelatin, water, calcium stearate, colors, dicalcium phosphate, gum acacia, ascorbic acid, mixed tocopherols (soy), arabic gum, starch, sucrose, vitamin A palmitate, and cyanocobalamin.

I have looked at all the ingredients and it really don't look like I'd reacted to any of those. Since I only had problems when I added Ligaplex to my supplemental regiment. I ALSO KNOW I SHOULD NOT OF MIXED Ligaplex with the supplements that I was already on. You can call me a retired RN who is totally foggy.

I will stop everything until I feel better and talk with my chiropractor and follow his advise.

By the way, can someone explain to me what a hex is? My brain refuses to work tonight...LOL!
    At least tonight I am feeling better......I will keep yah all posted. ....Huggies Deana.

5. mmztcass

mmztcass New Member

Soy. If my holistic doctor gave me Ligaplex, I would hestitate to take it because of my allergies and sensitivities to many meds/supplements.

I am guessing it could be this way for you. You could not take any for a few days and then restart on smaller doses and see again what and if anything happens.

Take care... :)
    [This Message was Edited on 05/19/2009]
  6. Msdeana

Msdeana New Member

I have started taking Ligaplex slowly because I hexed with the dosage regiment on the bottle which was 6 pills daily (2 w/each meal). I stopped it all together until my symptoms were gone, then waited two more days to start trying it again.

First I started with only 1/6th of the dose, for four days, then 2/6th of the dose, for 4 days, and yesterday I started taking 3/6th of the dosage. So far no reactions at all.

I am also going to the chiro next week and will update you all after I talk with him.

I also had another deep tissue oscillation treatment, with the hivamat 200. I had pain that evening and into the next day, but it was manageable. Then WOW, was I able to move about freely without the excruciating pain that I have had. Sure I still have those days when I wish I did not have this disease, but this helps me manage it better.

7. Tizz

Tizz New Member

...because there is definitely a problem with having EITHER too much or too little manganese.