Anyone read "Pain Free 1-2-3" by Jacob Teitelbaum??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TwinMa, Apr 10, 2006.

1. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

"Pain Free 1-2-3" is Jacob Teitelbaum's new book. It came out in Jan 2006. Has anyone read it yet? Here's the description on Amazon:

Book Description

The bestselling author of From Fatigued to Fantastic shows chronic pain sufferers how to treat the underlying causes of pain and regain health and vitality Pain Free 1-2-3 demonstrates the four critical components for healing tissue: getting optimum nutrition and sleep, correcting hormonal levels, and eliminating the factors that put stress on the body. Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum provides more than 100 treatments combining both natural and prescription approaches to guide you on how to aid the body in healing, locate the source of their pain, and tailor treatments for maximum effect. An excellent and powerfully effective part of the standard of practice for treatmentof people who suffer from fibromyalgia and myofascial pain syndrome. -- The Journal of the American Academy of Pain Management

About the Author

Jacob Teitelbaum, M.D., is the medical director of the Center for Effective CFS/Fibromyalgia Therapies in Annapolis, Maryland.

[This Message was Edited on 04/10/2006]
  2. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I was surprised no one had responded, too!

I know Dr. Teitelbaum has quite a following in the FM/CFS community. I have his previous book "From Fatigued to Fantastic" and I think it has some good stuff in it. I like his approach.

Wouldn't it be great if this book DID have all the answers? You are right, jammer, then we'd all be gone from here! WooHoo!!
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

But it is the old story....not everyone responds the way we would wish. What works for one person causes pain to another.

I cannot tell you how many "cure autism"(OT) books are out there, and I believe that people with true autism never got better from any of them. I do think that some people recover from illnesses they never had in the first place or go into spontaneous remission. This book sounds the same type, but I am willing to give it a try.

I do think some things can help ALLEVIATE some of the symptoms and pain in most illness and disorders.

Bit like those infomercials-I have a friend who regularly gives me these gadgets she sent for that never worked properly, yet she keeps on sending for them.

I do think Teitelbaum makes sense in some of his approaches though, but has become one of the DR Phil types maybe. I see these people who have good ideas then somewhere along the way they get swept up in their own self importance. I hope this book is helpful. This is why I am borrowing it rather than buying it. I will let you know.

Love Anne C
  4. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

can't tell you all the thing's relatives and friend's have told me helped someone w/Fm that they know.

I have tried it all, so I either don't have fibro, have it worse than anyone else my friend's and family know, or they had a "mild" case of FM or maybe they didn't have it at all.

I'm willing to keep trying new thing's though, something has to at least help.:)

I do agree w/ Fatigue to fantastic info for the most part, but I'm still not "cured" as he was.:)In fact right now i feel awful, so tight you could bounce anything off my shoulder's and neck!

best wishes,
    Claudia
  5. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I'm going ahead and buying it from Amazon. It was only $11.00.

I'll put it with all my other "This is gonna cure me from fibro" books! LOL!!

I agree that not everything works for everyone. I figure if I can get one or two good tidbits from a book, I'm doing good. I've NEVER found one that was a Bible for me.

I think we all have to write our own individual books. I'm busy writing "The Book of Katy". This book won't help anyone else but me. One or two tidbits may help others, but everyone has to come up with their own unique book and their own unique treatment. That's why this DD is such a buggar!

Katy
  6. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Hope you get it from amazon or something like it, it's less expensive.:)

Let us know what it say's, I'll let you be the researcher.:)

I really do hope there is something in there that we all can use to help.
    Best wishes,
    Claudia
  7. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

who will benefit from the book is Dr. Teitlebaum ($$$) .
    I am a huge skeptic , as I do not honestly think we
    have begun to understand this disease at ALL .

The title of this book promises WAY TOO MUCH to be credible with me .
  8. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Let us know how you like the book. I am very curious and am thinking about buying it too. Even if there is one good suggestion in the book, it might be worth itl
    Dar
  9. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I appreciate your support. I was feeling kinda like an idiot for even buying it. I'll let you know if there's anything worthwhile in there.
  10. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I got this book not to long ago and it is a good book. I haven`t finished reading the whole thing yet though. He is very knowledgeable about Fm.
  11. skierchik

skierchik New Member

I will check it out at the library. I think it's good to read as much as we can. We just have to decide for ourselves what makes sense and what doesn't.

It can't hurt.

skierchik
  12. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

My brain fog is bad today so I will post some more on the book when I get home from my son`s spring concert tonite. One thing that he said that I haven`t heard that much in other books is that we need to try to detox our bodies. Saunas are a good way to do that. If you have a good ymca near you or gym, they have saunas sometimes.
  13. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I read some of his stuff on a website. He kinda takes a shotgun approach to treating FM. You aim in the general direction of the target (our pain) and fire! You will surely hit something, but will you know which treatment did the trick? My doc (also in Annapolis, MD) likes the rifle approach. He has to have better aim, and it takes longer, but at least you know what works and what doesn't. I don't think either approack is better than the other. It's a personal choice. Good luck to all!
  14. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

who is on our side? Who seeks to help those with our DD's? Who may not be able to help all, but how many must help before we cut him some slack?

I have learned much from his books and my doc (who is trained Dr. Teitelbaum) is more than I could hope for.

My two cents. BLessings to you. Jen102
  15. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I want us to all get well, too. That's why I keep reading everything I can to see if I can find something that will help. I have found lots of help right here on this board, but I will continue to read every book that looks promising, too.

[ advertisement ]