Anyone read the book Quo Vadis?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kalaya, Oct 4, 2005.

1. kalaya

kalaya New Member

This has nothing to do with fibro-cfids,but that aside I just finished reading this book and was so swept away by it and it's uplifting christian message that I wanted to know if anyone on the board had read it and what your critique of the book is.If you have not read or heard of this book I will strongly recommend it to all.You do not have to be a christian to love this book,if you are a lover of lterature on any level I could not comprehend anyone not being entertained and impressed reading Quo Vadis.God bless.
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

When I was a teen, and to be truthful, I really don't remember too much about it. I remember it was something I finished, but 40 years or more have gone by and a whole lot of other books have been read in that time.

Glad you enjoyed it, and I do remember the Christian message...my dad gave it to me to read. I read anything I could get my hands on...still do.

Sue
  3. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Thanks for the book recommendation, Kalaya. I'll have to check out Quo Vadis. I know that it was made into a silent film around 1915, with a huge budget, thousands of extras, and huge sets. I think it was Italian, rather than a hollywood film, but I'm not sure. You might be able to find it on Netflix.
    What are your other Christian book favorites?
    Mine are C.S. Lewis, Chesterton, Ellen White's Ministry of Healing...

bump
  4. kholmes

kholmes New Member

5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

and saw the movie which was new when I was a teenager. The movie (l951) was one of the spectaculars Hollywood was producing to try and get TV audiances back into the theaters. Stars were Deborah Karr and Robert Taylor.

There have been several other versions according to my web search.

6. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

I read it just a few years ago. I remember it being quite an intense read, but not much of what it was about. Blame it on the fog, or on the fact that I read so many books, I can't remember even which ones I've read a month later!