Anyone read the news letterarticle called the disability paradox

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by puffy1, Mar 12, 2007.

1. puffy1

puffy1 New Member

I read the article in the news letter titled the disability paradox and I was very mad about what the doctor in it said did any one else feel the same way I do or am I just being overly sensitive?

Puffy
  2. puffy1

puffy1 New Member

Maybe I am not understanding it like it is spuppose to be understood.

I understand he wants Doctors to so there best to keep us in the work place before resinging to ssdi. What I don't agree with is his stance that people do not seek treatment becase they are trying to get disability.

Makes it look like we are trying to cheat the goverment and that after we get our disability then we seem to get better thats how it sounds to me any way I may have misread.

but he makes it sound like we complain till we get our money then we are healed thats what made me mad.
    it kinda goes back to the theroy that it is all in our head something we have strived to do a way with.

PUffy
  3. puffy1

puffy1 New Member

Thank you I feel more validated I think lol. I am hoping that what he meant was people like me can not afford to seak a lot of the treaments they want us to try I have already tried a lot of them.

I think If I could just get the medicare( since I have no insurance) that would be a big help to me I am almost tempted to tell them to keep the money just give me some kind of health care.

one of things I hope to do with the money I recieve if I recieve it that is is buy some kind of insurance for my self at least to get me by till the medicare kicks in in 2 years.

but I really do think he is saying that we are just wnating to get over on ssi and that is not right.

Puffy
  4. ForeverFly

ForeverFly New Member

Totally agree Puffy...read my message too. Forever Fly
  5. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

Is it the newsletter from this site?