Anyone read "Wicked"?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kellyann, Oct 24, 2008.

1. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I was wondering if anyone read the book "Wicked" by Gregory Maguire. I know it was our book club selection the last time we had one but I never saw a discussion about the book.

I loved the book! I thought it was a fun read. I loved the way Maguire told the story of the little green girl, haha! What did you think of the book? Did anyone else read it?

I am now reading "Confessions of a ugly Stepsister" also by Gregory Maguire. I am going to buy his other book......"Son of a Witch" this week. I guess I am stuck in his fantsy land, hehe! It is a twisted place to be that is for sure!

I loved "Wicked" , I thought is was a great story, and I'll never think Dorothy and the land of Oz in the same way ever again.

2. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

I've never read the book--but I saw the play and absolutely loved it!! It was ingenious and like you said--I can never again look at The Wizard of Oz movie in quite the same way. The play is still on Broadway in New York and if you have the opportunity to see it by all means do--even see it in a regional production, by all means see it. It's awesome. I saw Carol Kane in it and she was campy and hilarious. Now that you reminded me of it, I just might read the book when I'm finished with my current read. Thanks!!

[This Message was Edited on 10/25/2008]
  3. Lulu28

Lulu28 New Member

I've read almost all of his books, including Wicked, Son of a Witch and Stepsister. I didn't like the 'Son' book that much. I just saw that he had the third book in his Wicked series out--you might want to check it out-- "A Lion Among Men".

P.S. I really love his sweet book on the rogue toothfairy--can't think of the name right now!
  4. greygodess

greygodess New Member

I read Wicked not to long ago. I am going to see it in December. Hope it is as much fun as the book. Godbless
  5. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Wicked was playing at the historical fox theater in Atlanta. But I didn't get to go. Hmmm, A rogue tooth fairy, how interesting! I'll have to look that one up! What fun!

6. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Haven't read the book, but my cousin's wife has the lead in the play that runs in Chicago. Heard it's a fantastic show - haven't seen it though.