Anyone really experienced answers from God?

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by getridof, Feb 20, 2007.

1. getridof

getridof New Member

I'm losing my faith...sorry to say that. Although I still read bible and pray everyday, I start to feel it doesn't help a bit. I think that should be something wrong on my side (not on God's side, I guess). But I don't know what it is and how to amend that unknown mistake in faith. I keep praying but the situation seems to get worse day by day, month by month. Sometimes I really hope God will put some event on me to show me what's going on and "wake me up". I'm not asking for a perfect solution to my difficulties. I just want to seek some hints or assists.....

It's so hard to tell exactly how I feel but I have to say I'm really under deep pressure and tough moments. Praying becomes such a pressure to me as well.....I sincerely hope for encouragement from you. Please pray for me and wish everyone well.
  2. 143alan

143alan New Member

I don't know if it will help but when I'm in this kind of situation and praying seems so hard to do sometimes, I remind myself that somewhere in scripture I remember reading that the holy spirit in us continues to pray on our behalf even when we can't. It's hard sometimes but I have to remind myself that God NEVER leaves us or forsakes us. WE leave him on a pretty regular basis sometimes, but he's always there still loving us when we decide to return.

I think the biggest thing I thank God for is his grace and his patience. He knows he has to practically hit me up side the head with a brick for me to listen or go the direction he wants me to go. I'm pretty hard-headed. He reminds me that HE is bigger than any problem I have and when I stop trying to figure out the answers he'll take care of it.

Hang in there and know that God is with you and loves you.
    Take Care
    Nancy
  3. mrpain

mrpain New Member

God said we would have trials and tribulation, but for us not to fear, because He has overcome and He is with us always.

I'm not sure exactly what you are going thru and I know things can sometimes get really tough, but if we belong to Him, He promised that He would not put more on us than we could handle.

I'm praying for you and I pray you will just trust the Lord.
    Proverbs 3:5&6--Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths. 3:7- Be not wise in thine own eyes; fear (respect) the Lord, and depart from evil. 3:8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones..
  4. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

Many times when I feel alone and feel like God is not there, I find it is NOT God who has moved....but ME!!

Keep reading Gods word, pray, and trust.

My daughter was getting discouraged. She had been praying all season that she would be able to make one basket at one of her basketball games. No answer....until the LAST Game. The LAST quarter. The LAST two minutes of the game. She finally got her answer. Her team was behind by two points. A star player missed the basket and my daughter was on the other side of the basket. She caught the rebound...threw...BASKET! SWOOSH! YAY! Then after they got the ball again...a star player got trapped, surrounded by the opponent...my daughter was on the other side of the basket...alone. She threw the ball to my daughter...SWOOSH! Her team was able to win by two points!

God didn't just bless her with ONE basket...but TWO! Not just any ordinary basket...but the winning points too!

God DOES answer prayer. Trust...believe...God never fails.
  5. getridof

getridof New Member

Thank you so much for all your kind suggestions and advices. I will keep trying hard to learn. I don't remember when was the last post I described my faith was on kid-level. It's been quite a while. Till now I still remain on the same place with no progress. I know this really disappoints God (I can feel it, so I keep blaming myself). Please keep praying for my stupidity if you can. Thank you all.
  6. caffey

caffey New Member

Hi there: I have had so many answers to prayer. In fact God answered prayers everday. There are seasons that we go through when it is dark and there don't seem to be any answers and it goes from bad to worse. But God tells us that we walk by faith and not by sight. Sometimes it is hanging on by our fingernails. But we keep plugging along. That is why we need places like this worship board and Christian friends who can pray with us and for us and support us through these times. We are not meant to go through these dark times alone. I hope you have a couple of friends that you can confide in who will support you through this. Prayer should not be a pressure. It is just like having a conversation with a friend. All you have to do is say Please Lord help me. I can't do this. He will come and help you or if you are at the end of your rope then tell him that. If you get your Bible out and start reading the Psalms and underline or mark up or copy out the verses that apply to your situation it will help build your faith and remind you that God is here. Father please come today and help this lady. Please come and reveal Yourself to her in a way that she will know that she will know that You are with her in the middle of her circumstances. Please reveal to her that You love her so very much and that You have plans and purposes for her and her family. Please help her to know that she is not abandoned by You. Please Lord give her hope this day. Please work out this situation and above all Lord please fill her with Your peace. Please bring people to come and help her at this time. Thank you in Jesus Name. Amen.
    Cath
  7. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Lots of good answers, my experience has been like desertsage,
    I found i need the prayers and faiths of others, to get me thur, until my own faith and ability to pray returned.

I too felt abandoned, or my salvation was revoked, but i hung unto the word, "I will never leave you of forsake", and "I will love you with an everlasting love".

I would have to say, "okay, Lord, that's your word, an i'm believing it, even if i'm not feeling it.

Keep reaching out, and asking for pray.

God Bless, and may His presence fill your life, and heart.

Misty
    P.S. I hope i'm not making it sound easy, because it wasn't![This Message was Edited on 02/22/2007]
  8. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Hi Get,

Sounds like you are going through a tough time. I am sorry things are seeming to get worse for you.

I would first like to let you know I will keep you in my prayers as well and thank you for your prayers

I know that I have had answer to my prayers, some have not been the answers I wanted but some have. No matter what they have been the answers that work best for me.

There are so many things pulling you in the world we live in today that they may be discouraging you from God as well.

I don't know what you are going through in your life right now, but I do know God loves you and wants to help you and so do we.

I wish I knew what else to say to you, but that I know he is there holding you while you are going through this and trying so hard to let you know he cares.

God Bless you dear one

I will be praying for you

hugs,
    kgangel
  9. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I don"t have much time to write all I would like,but one day when I was really down,my kids had just stopped calling and commimg to see me ,because my oldest daughter thinks I"m sick for the attention. but we all know how real this d.d. really is.
    I was crying and at the end of my ropes,I ask God why he had given up on me.and this thought flashed in my mind,
    sharon, why have you given up on me???
    and I knew that was the truth I had given up on God. because it seemed like I was not receiving answers to my prayers. I'll remember that moment the rest of my life.
    it taught me to hang on and trust Gods timming in my life,and thats not always easy to do.
    so blessing.may you hear your own message from God.
    sixtyslady
  10. Lms526

Lms526 New Member

Wow. I can totally relate to where you're coming from. I'm kind of struggling with the same thing right now. There's a book that I highly recommend you read. You will probably have to get it on Amazon. It's called "If I Really Believe, Why Do I Have These Doubts?" The author is a man (no, that's not a typo, I did say man) named Lynn Anderson. He has a lot of really great things to say and shares very openly about his own struggles with issues like this. I think this book would really help you a lot. I know it has me. In fact, I think I should re-read it myself.

Good luck and take care. You are not alone. No matter how much the Enemy may try to convince you otherwise.

Lms526
  11. getridof

getridof New Member

Dear everyone,
    I feel a little bit better after reading your messages. Maybe I'm just overwhelmed, I always have a feeling that God wants me to do something to save myself and solve the problems. But I can't get to the point of what I should do. I've tried my best (or not, I'm not sure....). As you may say I could pass everything to dear Lord, and I always think God would be unhappy because He wants me to change or to work on something, not pass the responsibities to Him. I don't know why I obscess in this idea. Maybe I'm wrong.
    Thank you all guys. I'll keep learning.