Anyone received the new Dr. Cheney video?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ladude, Nov 5, 2006.

1. ladude

ladude New Member

Well the title says it all.....

anyone get...yet?

LAdude
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

3. ladude

ladude New Member

It came today --- so there!!

Nicely packaged, 2 CD's for $13.00 wow.
    Can't have duplicates made for that price.

Now I get to cipher what he says again and I'm still trying to comprehend and remember and do what he suggests in the last one.

LAdude

4. victoria

victoria New Member

altho not me, 2 people I know locally got it Friday actually;

one is a patient of Dr. Cheney's and took part in his recent research... her numbers improved but so far she doesn't feel better :(

- it remains to be seen if she has a delayed effect, I'm hoping she does as she is about 90% bedridden currently.

all the best,
    Victoria

5. foggygirl

foggygirl New Member

Can anyone tell me his website? I Googled it and got hundreds of hits, but not his.

Thanks,

Foggygirl
  6. kholmes

kholmes New Member

And where can one get it?

Thanks.
  7. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

Ladude -
    Thanks for the heads-up on this.

Have you viewed any of it yet? If so, any feedback on how you liked it?

Cheers
  8. victoria

victoria New Member

In September of 2006, Paul Cheney, MD, PhD, presented a seminar titled "CFS: The Heart of the Matter".

A 2-disc DVD set of the seminar is available. The prices quoted below are in US dollars and include shipping. ($13 - $16 within the US; $13 - $18 to Canada; Australia and New Zealand yet to be determined; $16 - $18 all other countries.) Many thanks to Marc Iverson for underwriting a portion of the DVD cost to make them less expensive and thus available to more people.

This outstanding seminar contains important, fascinating and unique material that will eventually be published. There is an overview of CFS, an in-depth look at the cardiovascular issues in CFS; a new model of the illness, and a full update on Dr. Cheney's latest study, including the treatment protocol. In addition to the numerous topics mentioned below (taken from the jacket of the DVD case), Dr. Cheney also addresses the following: sleep issues, blood volume, candida, Chlamydia, Lyme, MCS, FM, GWS, phenotypic and genotypic changes in DNA, hyperbaric oxygen, and the use of stem cells from umbilical cord blood.

Note that while there is a section on treatment that is approx 30 minutes long, specific treatments are also mentioned in earlier sections and in the final Q&A . There is more treatment information in this seminar than in any previous one! Exciting, effective treatment with objectively demonstrated benefits.

The following is an outline with some of the topics listed. It is by no means exhaustive. Timecodes are given for the beginning of each section, making it easy to locate particular subjects and also giving an indication of how much time was devoted to each topic.

DISC ONE
    *Dr. Cheney's Opening Remarks (0:00)
    *Principles Important in CFS (7:30)
    (many fascinating observations!!)
    *Case Definition and Important Clinical Findings (20:00)
    (includes the four phases of CFS)
    *Key Medical Literature (24:46)
    (many citations of published works, by category)
    *Objective Database (26:16)
    (includes graph of four phases of CFS, recovery trajectory, physical exam findings, immune activation, sub-cortical brain injury, metabolic disturbances, pulse-oximeter data, Oxyhemoglobin Dissociation Curve, exercise ergometry, fingerprint changes & biopsy of tissue, immunity pathway, RNase-L activity, MRS results, MRI results, blood gas test results: mixed venous hypoxia)
    *Models of Pathophysiology: circa 1995 and 2004 (49:43)
    (includes mitochondrial impairment, the 4 phases, altered gene expression, energy conundrum, Dr. Martin Pall's work, neurotransmitters & SSRIs)
    *Evidence of Diastolic Dysfunction and Heart Failure (1:08:41 - 1:44:36)
    (includes cardiac output, cardiomyopathy, brain - adrenal - heart axis, hypothyroidism, micro vs macro circulation, echo vs impedance testing, order of sacrifice, diastolic vs systolic heart failure, pulmonary hypertension, echocardiography in CFS: a) diastolic or energetic dysfunction; b) cavitation of left atrium on head up tilt; c) LV wall thickening; d) wall motion aberrancies; e) positive response to magnesium; f) positive response to Nexavir; g) PFO's and oxygen toxicity. Cardiomyopathy & CFS, diastolic vs systolic problems, E and A wave forms, E/A ratio, echo Tissue Doppler Imaging (TDI), e'/a' ratio, D/S ratio, Summary of Diastolic Parameters)

DISC TWO
    *Evidence of Diastolic Dysfunction and Heart Failure con. (0:00)
    (includes left atrial cavitation, E/e' ratio, summary of other parameters, IVRT shifts with magnesium, IVRT shifts with Nexavir, left ventricular wall thickening and asynchrony, ischemic changes in the inter-ventricular wall)
    *Evidence of Tight Association of CFS with PFO's (10:20)
    Patent Foramen Ovales (includes oxygen toxicity)
    *An Emerging Physiologic Model (circa 2006) (20:03)
    (includes PFO complications, Venous Hypoxemia complications, Diastolic Dysfunction vs Diastolic Heart Failure)
    *Treatment Approaches (26:55)
    (includes the study protocol and results to date, echo parameters measured as part of the study, gene expression and cell signaling factors)
    *Q&A (55:30 - 1:33:33)
    (includes PFO's, effects of traveling to and living at altitude, Daimox, risk of mini-strokes and prophylaxis, oxygen therapy, genetics and CFS, growth hormone, migraines, Enada, D-Ribose, ImmunePro, glutathione, NAC, hypothyroidism, mercury)

DVD FORMAT INFORMATION
    The discs are not region coded - they are "Region 0", also known as "Region All". They are in NTSC format. However, according to http://www.microcinema.com/index/ntsc, "all PAL DVD players output NTSC, and most PAL TVs will display NTSC with no problems". If your TV will not display these discs, please contact us for an alternative.

DVD ORDERING INFORMATION:
    Send all inquires to Carol at videos@dfwcfids.org.

All prices quoted are in US dollars.

We should have PayPal options available soon, hopefully early next week at the latest. PayPal orders cannot be placed until we have posted the links.

If paying by check - only checks drawn on a U.S. bank are accepted:
    Print out (or cut-and-paste) the form below and mail it with your check to:

CFS/FM Support Group
    513 Janann St
    Euless, TX 76039
  9. victoria

victoria New Member

You must select one option in each section below.

__ My DVD player plays both DVD-R and DVD+R

__ My DVD player plays only DVD-R

__ My DVD player plays only DVD+R

(If you don't know, refer to the owner's manual. Or look for the model number on the front of your machine. Enter it in any online search engine to located identical DVD players for sale. The description should tell you what media is compatible. If ordering as a gift for someone else, DVD-R is the most common.)

Country / Shipping Option / Total Price in US dollars
    (Price includes two discs & shipping)

__ US, First Class (1-3 days) $13 by check, $14 by PayPal

__ US, Priority Mail (1-2 days) $15 by check, $16 by PayPal

__ Canada, Airmail Letter (4-7 days) $13 by check, $15 by PayPal

__ Canada, Global Priority (4-6 days) $16 by check, $18 by PayPal

__ Australia, Airmail, (probably mailed from Australia)
    prices still being determined

__ New Zealand, Airmail, (possibly mailed from Australia)
    prices still being determined

__ All other countries, Global Priority (4-6 days) $16 by check, $18 by PayPal
    (AirMail Letter rate if Global Priority is not available)

(Remember, only checks drawn on a US bank will be accepted. All other checks and money orders incur significant fees on our end. It is not sufficient to have your bank issue a special check in US dollars - fees are still incurred on our end.) For those of you outside the US without access to a US bank, we will have PayPal links up as soon as possible, hopefully in a few days.

email address (only if a question about your order arises; privacy assured)

No email address? Phone # (only if a question arises; privacy assured)

onedaymagpie New Member

Thanks, Victoria. The index of info looks great.
  11. kholmes

kholmes New Member

When you refer to the person in your area who is on Cheney's protocol who is not feeling better, but whose "numbers are better," what are you referring to?
    Thanks.
  12. victoria

victoria New Member

I haven't even watched the DVD, and everytime she's explained what they're looking at test-wise, I go cross-eyed... no way can I remember all/any of it.

I will be seeing her next week at our meeting however, and try to actually take notes if this hasn't been answered by then...

I just know that as far as whatever it is Dr. Cheney's measuring in all the test participants, that is what she improved on across the board.

Hopefully the tape will explain all that? I'm not sure if Carol Sieverling has published something about this yet either, she's pretty good at explaining what Cheney's saying and doing and seems to act as sort of a 'mouthpiece' for him unofficially.

best,
    Victoria

PS - I can also tell you that Dr. Cheney told her and others who didn't physically do better quickly to give it time, that the body will catch up probably; he based that on his experience with his heart transplant. Even tho he was getting more blood pumped comparatively to his old heart, etc., it took him a full year to recover.

[This Message was Edited on 11/08/2006]
  13. victoria

victoria New Member

from 2005 that at least explains the basis of his theories:

The Heart of the Matter:
    Dr. Cheney on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome & Cardiac Issues
    By Carol Sieverling
    ImmuneSupport.com
    09-12-2005

http://www.immunesupport.com/library/showarticle.cfm/ID/6679/T/CFIDS_FM/searchtext/sieverling%20Cheney
  14. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I've read "The Heart of the Matter," but haven't kept up with Cheney's theories this year. I'll have to look into it. I'm also wondering what treatments he's using with his patients.
  15. victoria

victoria New Member

blenderized pig tissue because it is the 'signaling factor' that is important...

and very small injections of HGH (human growth factor)...

plus I know she does B12/mag injections anyway.

best,
    Victoria

16. ladude

ladude New Member

Watched an hour or more then began to fast-forward, lots and lots of charts, and semi frequent multi syllabic words.

I was not up to it mentally and it is involved, as was the first video. Don’t get me wrong; I think it is full of useful and excellent material. I just need to watch it in segments. It is similar in style and format to the first video but more new information.

I think it is close to 3 hours like the first one and it is not easy reading, but our brains need exercise too.

A lot of information to absorb, but well worth the time and effort.

He still takes patients if anyone is interested. I’d say he's well worth the dough.

Ummmm ……blenderized pig tissue…… sorry I could not resist. Is it available at the local market?

LAdude
  17. victoria

victoria New Member

probably not fresh enough?!?!?......... also can't remember if it's the heart tx or what exactly... not to mention, you wouldn't wanna INJECT it unless you knew it was sterile... ewwwwww!